i have 52 zip-ties on my motoredbike

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by augidog, Mar 8, 2009.

1. augidog

augidog Banned

how about you?

(if you splice 2 together to make a longer one, it only counts as one)

2. KilroyCD

KilroyCD Active Member

Zero (on my two builds). I like the vintage look, so I use friction tape as wraps around wires or cable sheaths. On my Whizzer, there are around a half dozen factory-applied zip-ties, and I also have used friction tape liberally on that bike.

TINKERER Member

52, WOW!!! I have two mini zip ties holding the throttle and kill wire together along the downtube
  4. HoughMade

HoughMade Guest

Maybe 2 up under the tank cover to secure wiring. None visible. Where they show, I used staineless steel bands.

I have over 35 acorn nuts, though.
  5. Alaskavan

Alaskavan Guest

Nowhere near 52. Only about 20. I also use a lot of hose clamps. About 10 of those.
  6. augidog

augidog Banned

from the front fenders (4) to the windshield (20+) to the headlight switch (3) to the rear fender (6) and all wiring points in between...considering most of 'em are cut down to maybe 30% of original weight, that's a mighty light "big handful of small nuts n bolts" to do so much work.

huh...i thought there'd be some impressive numbers...zip-tie-ology...it was funnier last night when we were beered :)
  7. Revorunner

Revorunner Member

Zip ties and duck tape,man's two best friends.:grin5:
  8. graucho

graucho Active Member

Yes Augi, I think if you get it up to 60 zip's you get a certificate to join the Red Green fan club. :grin5: Ive seen photos of you bike. I didn't notice them. Sabrina looks to be standing tall.
  9. spad4me

spad4me Member

Zip ties and aluminum tape hold my bike together.

Never counted them there is a lot of em though.
  10. beach cruzin

beach cruzin Guest

:helmet:well i came up with 24 but there is a good cance of there being a few under the all the mud. I am dissapointed:D I thought for sure i hade more than augi:cheers2:
  11. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Shane, nice to see you back posting in the forum. Stay cooooool
  12. Simonator

Simonator Guest

hooray for zip ties and duct tape!
  13. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Geez Aug - that is a lot. MAYBE 15-20. Need to go count now!
  14. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I am soooooooo about to blow the zip-tie record out of the water.

This "behind the windshield" trapper keeper took 12 to construct and 6 to securely attach on the handlebars, with 1 more holding a piece of rubber to knock out the squeak.

Local runs it can hold my scrapbook, and on the upcoming long haul, I have rolled up my basketball warm ups, with extra room for zip tie-ing more doo-dads and gizmos.

Yesterday I moved a basket from a Schwinn on the carport up to the front of Rucio, 4 more zip-ties secured the tube under the windshield.

I couldn't find 24 inch adjustable hose clamps, so I foresee 4 zip ties holding my BLUE coffee containers under my seat.

I'm in triple digit territory by now, and if I crochet a hammock of zipties for my mid-frame, I may just hit 150 by next week.

So, pack up that zip-tie trophy, engrave "bbg" on the base, and save yourselves pain and effort (and me having to buy a pocket calculator) .....unless you can weave a wind-power sail out of zip-ties, this contest is ovah !! :cool:

Attached Files:

15. JinbaIttai

JinbaIttai Member

You guys are zip tie junkies!
    I think I weigh in around the 15-20 range.
    I bet I have most beat on total length of electrical wiring though.
    But then I'm not exactly using an internal combustion engine...
  16. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

36 of them usually are used to stiffen up the spokes, tie them together at the intersections.

It's a BMX mountain biking trick to help prevent them bending or loosening when plowing through potholes.