I have a older pipe model and i was wondering if it can be modifyed for more HP

Discussion in 'Performance Mods' started by hunter, Oct 2, 2007.

1. hunter

hunter Guest

My pipe on my bike is the older version that has the little metal tip coming out the middle end of the pipe. Its not like the new round ended pipes that have the small metal piece that comes out side of the pipes end. I was wondering if that pipe is compatible with the drill mod seen here http://www.thatsdax.com/BICYCLE_ENGINE_KIT_TIPS.html .

Also dose anyone know if i should drill a hole through onley one side of the pipe so theres one hole or do i completely drill through the pipe of theres a hole on each side?. thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 2, 2007

2. azbill

azbill Active Member

give us a pic so we know exactly what we are talking about :)

PS...please try to post in correct forum...
    this is a tech question, not something for wild in the streets

Last edited: Oct 2, 2007
  3. hunter

hunter Guest

.Anyway heres my pipe ^_^. Please ignore the BB gun :p

AGh is this the right forum now???. Sorry about that

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 3, 2007
  4. azbill

azbill Active Member

have you opened it up ?
    if it has a tube like in dax's pics, I see no reason why cutting or drilling won't work
    like most things here, a little experimentation would be called for
    let us know how it goes

PS there is no need to post telling us to wait 20 mins for a pic...we waited for your answer, that's all :D

5. hunter

hunter Guest

Lol alright i gess your right. Anyway i looked its got one of those thin pipes inside the bigger pipe. I still need to know tho

If should drill a hole through onley one side of the pipe so theres one hole or do i completely drill through the pipe of theres a hole on each side?. Also do i have to cut the pipe?. thanks

Also you sure this wont screw my pipe up.

6. azbill

azbill Active Member

you can experiment
    try through 1 side of pipe and run it
    then do through both if ya want
    there is no definitive answer here for you
    it is a matter of personal preference
    all you are doing is making it easier for the exhaust to escape
    it is just a matter of noise v performance

7. hunter

hunter Guest

I just looked at this pipe in the guide again and its got 2 holes at the end of it. one hole "the main hole" release's the pressure directly from the small tube. The other hole release's the pressure that builds inside the pipe that comes out of the small drilled hole in the tube. If you drlled a hole that is. I think this is how it works but im not sure. My pipe onley has one hole at the end of it. This mod wouldn't have worked at all for me i think. Just maybe It could have screwed my hole pipe up i dunno.

Please be more aware before you give advice if im right about this. i could have been very screwed perhaps )-:. Please correct me if im wrong. Thanks

8. hunter

hunter Guest

you can see the other hole circled here. How could this mod work with my pipe?. Am i missing somthing?.

What is that hole for?. Im gessing its put there incase you do this mod but im not sure.

Maybe could i make these holes myself on my pipe?.

Agh sorry im very confused, Any help would be appreciated.

I just edited my post intensely so if you read them before please read them again

Attached Files:

9. hunter

hunter Guest

I just edited my posts intensely so if you read them before please read them again. Real sorry for the triple post

10. azbill

azbill Active Member

the hole you have circled is from the screw holding the end cap on
    you can try or not
    if you ask a question, you should be willing to listen to an answer

11. hunter

hunter Guest

Wow my bad When i looked at the inside of the pipe it was dark and i didnt notice there were holes all inside of it already.Do you think i can still mod it to get better performance?. I was thinking maybe drilling holes into the pipe itself may have the same effect. Do you think that would work?.

12. hunter

hunter Guest

heres 2 pics

maybe i can drill holes into the top black circle part of the small pipe to lessen exhaust stress or maybe cut off the that part all togethor. Heres the top of it in the link. That would defannly take stress off the exhausts ide think but i dunno if it would work to increase HP or not with this type of pipe.

http://img128.imageshack.us/my.php?image=pic1003078qx9.jpg

Btw sorry for giving you such a hard time.

Attached Files: