I just want one!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Chopper, May 11, 2007.

1. Chopper

Chopper Guest

2. SlicerDicer

SlicerDicer Guest

you could upload the image to the forum here. If you want I can do it I do not mind as long as its your image. I would have done it already but I am pretty wary of copyright stuff :shock:
  3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

if it's your bike, you surely may upload your pictures to our database and use it in the gallery, we prefer it.

if it isn't your bike, please post it in general or even in off-topic if it's just to have a look. you can still upload it if you'd like...but if you use a remote location, please post only the link, ie. no image tags.

we ask this because some members are on dial-up & have complained about the large size of some remotely hosted files.

thanks 8)
  4. Chopper

Chopper Guest

What the....?

It's a pic of a bike that's not mine, but is the best example of a motored bike I've seen.

I can't get my head around posting pics on this site, though I have no trouble on any other forum I frequent, the info's in the first post if someone more computer literate wants to fix it up for all to see, if not, oh well........
  5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

it's a fine motoredbike, agreed...and the owner would be most welcome to join us and post away....the picture gallery is for members to "show off your bike" as stated in the forum "caption." sometimes you may see a bike a member built for someone else, a member-build is just fine in the gallery, too.

FYI (to anyone who isn't hip to our mad-methods) to address some common issues:

everywhere you look are clear "guidelines"...read the captions for the forums and see what goes where, check out the welcome section (rules & policies), and think on this: if we hadn't helped keep the previous members' posts in some kind of order, would you have bothered to join when you found us?

it's not difficult to do most anything here if only a bit of time is put into checking out the tips and such. i know thru tests that a person can use our "upload picture" feature no problem IF the info we've provided about sizing and procedure is used.

there are purple warnings in many places about waiting one day to be able to post pics...but watch new members come in, and you can tell right away who checked out our info and who didn't.

so please help us out here, the larger we grow, the more difficult it becomes for the volunteers to keep things clean. the rules & policies are available for a prospective member to get familiar with before they ever click "register." if you don't take the time to check them out, it doesn't negate the rules, it only makes one of us have to re-do or move your post.

we cool? it's no big deal while new members acclimate, so long as they begin to understand and appreciate the structure as necessary if people are gonna find the info they need.

keep in mind, MBc is primarily a tech manual, albeit with social benefits, as laid out in our personal mission statements 8)
  6. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

that mighta been a bit to digest...sorry, chopper, i get extra on-edge sometimes, the "black hat alert" was taking too much of my attention :)
  7. Chopper

Chopper Guest

That's what the ''Preview' button's for augi! ;)

Just jokes.... no harm, no foul.... just getting to know what the rules are in your house, mine's a little rowdy at times :)
  8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

:lol: guess i better add that to the tips & tricks, eh?