i love classic rock...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by gone_fishin, Nov 23, 2006.

1. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

i think my new friends here would like to meet some other friends of mine :)

i used to moderate a forum for an internet radio station...

the best of that former bunch have now banded together to start a new classic rock station. they're some very groovy rockers & great friends of mine. they ab-so-lute-ly love my motor'd-bike.

so i'd like to tell you a bit about them. they have over 15000 60's to 90's tunes, live dj's taking requests thru chat, e-mail, & instant messenger. they also have an auto-dj that takes requests. the stream is always free, tho you may donate, they never ask for money, i hope that makes this not-spam, let me know if you feel otherwise...they just love music & sharing it with the world.

if you guys are ok with it, i'd post one of their banners here. in turn, they'd put us on their "friends" page and give us a lot of live chatter just 'cuz they're cool that way: http://www.irock109.com/friends.php

so, wutta ya think?

if you check 'em out, tell them "augie" sentcha

2. Tom

Tom Active Member

I really like Led Zep

3. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

woohoo, Tom 8)

i love Led Zeppelin, too..."Stairway to Heaven" is still my favorite air-guitar to this day :twisted:

i figured that was an endorsement from the bossman, so here goes:
    [​IMG]

these guys love Zep too...and America, and Bad Company, and Foghat, and Bon Jovi, and Chicago, and Van Halen, and Steppenwolf, and Frank Zappa, and Uriah Heep, and The Outlaws, and ...well, uh, you get the idea... 8)

4. Tom

Tom Active Member

That banner is fine with me. The off topic forum is the perfect place for stuff like that. If that was your first post I might have a different opinion, although I like classic rock a lot and it is posted in the correct forum.

My favorite song is Carouselambra. I don't even know how to say it right.

5. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

6. Tom

Tom Active Member

7. istbenz

istbenz Guest

aug,
    i've been rockin' out to the online station since i got home from work tonite- AWESOME!

8. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

xlent, istbenz 8)

if you email a request, or go into chat, tell 'em you're from here and that you
    know me, you'll be treated to a great shout-out :)

9. istbenz

istbenz Guest

sweet. i'll do it! i just have to have time to be sitting in here to listen. 8)

10. HonorSeed

HonorSeed Guest

thanks for sharing your music and music links bro :)

11. D.J.

D.J. Guest

Canadian radio link .

This is a link page to the radio stations in my area . Although the service area covers just one million people we have several world class stations . Click on the blue printing for on line play . You have to look around the sites to find the LISTEN ONLINE buttons but it is well worth it . My favorites are 102 clear FM , Bob FM and freq 107 . There is something on this link page for everybody .

http://members.shaw.ca/rdanse/winnipeg_radio.html

12. daveinblythe

daveinblythe Guest

Ilove the stuff Mom called noise too until she found my blizzard of Ozz Lp.....LP is like a big black cd to you young ones

13. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

someone was mentioning that it might be fun for us to get together in a chat...i brought it up with my buds at irock & they'd love to have us.

i'm gonna try every week to invite you all to join me for Matty Grants' ""Extreme Velocity" radio show on Saturday afternoons 2pm - 5pm eastern time...here's the schedule by time-zone:
    http://www.irock109.com/sched20070108.php?time_zone=ET

we'll get to talk about our bikes, wives (cookie can talk about her old-man), dogs, favorite beer, & classic rock, all the while being treated to on-the-spot requests from a 16,000-song library 8)

this ain't about money, irock isn't gonna ask for any, it's about MBc trying to further that garage atmosphere we all seem to like so much :D

go to http://www.irock109.com/ ...just click on "listen" to tune in and click on "community" > "chat" to find me, matty, and a buncha other really cool people...

14. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

ya know....it was fun.
    I got to bs with Augi ....met some nice ppl....heard some great classic rock! Augi's gonna tutor me in :? -ratios....lol thanks Aug. it would be cool to see the rest of ya there some time...
    Dave

15. Edward

Edward Guest

"In the Evening" is my favorite, the intro at high volume never fails to inspire. -Edward

16. Tom

Tom Active Member

That is my "top played" on itunes!

17. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Alright, I gotta go check that when I have a computer with sound.

18. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

Let's rock & chat on saturday...matty grant's "extreme velocity"...check the schedule for your time-zone:

http://www.irock109.com/schedstd.php

come to the MBc "saturday kegger" and get yer socks rocked off by the cool dudes & dudettes @ iRock109 8)

19. gone_fishin

gone_fishin Guest

another saturday...another chance to meet & make new friends :D

20. MattyGrant

MattyGrant Guest