I love vice-grips

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by machiasmort, Jun 11, 2011.

1. machiasmort

machiasmort Active Member

Is this a beauty or what? No, it's not a picture of Sparky's wart, look again! LOL!!! I'm seriously hurting to type right now, but know I'll make it to heaven because I didn't swear when it happened! Anybody ever seen one bigger? Is it possible?

Attached Files:

• bb.jpg
      bb.jpg
      File size:
      159.7 KB
      Views:

2. machiasmort

Note to Mods, Let 'em look and laugh at me... Dump the thread in a few days... Wish you could have seen the look on my face when my buddy snapped them closed while we were doing a brake job... I was like, hey guss, wanna unsnap them for a minute...

3. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

No toolbox is complete without needle nose vg and a regular pair.

4. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

that's a nice one!!!

have you popped it yet?

heat a needle or a straight pin red hot & just touch the point in the center of the blister.
    squeeze the blood out.... it relieves the pressure & pain immediately.

5. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

My brother got one about that size once....the handle release got him. He said:
    To this day I don't think he has a set in his box.

6. machiasmort

It's even bigger today, like it spread out! No I don't pop them because they seem to bother me worse after I do! The skin on my hands are like wearing leather gloves, but when something breaks through that layer, boy do I feel it! It's like the blood is a pillow protecting the nerves below with me! Man did that smart! It hurt more afterwards! Felt like I burrned it!

We were squeezing one of those stupid little clips (they gave us the wrong one) into the caliper mount and I was using my finger as a guide to push it in place. It was his car, he wanted to help and he's all thumbs. Live and learn! He chomped my finger between clip and caliper mount! The worst part was having to finish the job with that on my fingertip not being able to tighten anything with my fingers!

People don't appreciate that finger till you have to wipe or pick your nose!

7. Turtle Tedd

Turtle Tedd Member

Mach..just bite down on that thing..suck the blood and pus out and pour a little laquer thinner on it...all done

8. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

Get a Tet. shot, it one of the first things they taught us a trade school. Every five years.
    Same goes with stepping on rusted nails.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tet****

Cause

Tet**** is often associated with rust, especially rusty nails, but this concept is somewhat

misleading. Objects that accumulate rust are often found outdoors, or in places that harbor anaerobic bacteria, but the rust itself does not cause tet**** nor does it contain more C. tetani bacteria. The rough surface of rusty metal merely provides a prime habitat for a C. tetani endospore to reside, and the nail affords a means to puncture skin and deliver endospore into the wound. An endospore is a non-metabolizing survival structure that begins to metabolize and cause infection once in an adequate environment. Because C. tetani is an anaerobic bacterium, it and its endospores survive well in an environment that lacks oxygen. Hence, stepping on a nail (rusty or not) may result in a tet**** infection, as the low-oxygen (anaerobic) environment is provided by the same object which causes a puncture wound, delivering endospores to a suitable environment for growth.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2011
  9. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

Agree.....cept I was recently taught that every Ten is fine. http://www.mayoclinic.com/health/tet****-shots/AN01497

10. Stan4d

Stan4d Banned

If the links do not work.....try typing it in or copy paste and insert the missing letters where the stars are. Sorry........overactive word censor.

11. machiasmort

No insurance guys! I havn't had a T-shot in 20 years! I think I'm too rotten for it to live in! LOL! Appreciate the info, none the less! Very interesting!

12. BoltsMissing

BoltsMissing Active Member

More reason to have the T shot. Just pay for it anyway a local Doc. Cheaper than insurance cos ya only pay once.
    If it catches the T infection, cost ya more than what money can buy in the long run.

can't harm ya..

13. will_start

will_start Member

This is why i always wear gloves. I have two pairs for every occassion.
    Some of my lower food chain friends larf at me.
    Until they hurt in similar ways to that pic...

14. happycheapskate

happycheapskate Active Member

I love vise grip pliers. I have a nice set with the rubberized comfort grips. I've used them for lots of things, like wheelbuilding (use them with a piece of rubber in the grips, for an axle vise, or on the locknut while adjusting the cone and locknut on the other side. )

I've also used them to pinch off fuel hoses temporarily and for opening cola bottles. I am sure I've used them for lots more things but can't think of them at the moment.