I never heard the word, "Cager" before- is that me?

Now, If we see this stuff going on, how do the Cops not?

I used to be a professional courrier. I've seen people read books!

Worse are the idiots who tailgate. If I point a gun at you, I can be arrested in all 50 States, unless I have a good reason. Do you know how many times I've passed a Trooper (side of road) with somebody less than 2ft from my rear bumper and in the right lane...

I know, slam on your breaks and have an insurance nightmare! People who tailgate, have no right to endanger the lives of others and further, people who want to drive slower should allow them to pass! The difference is that the left lane was completely open in these situations.

It's absurd that they enforce DUI the way they do but not the senseless acts that could cost a life.

Solution.....My speed is directly proportional as to how close they are behind me. Here we have many curves and hills, not much areas to pass and on county roads the speed limit is 45MPH. You'd be surprised how far they back off when you slow down to 20MPH until they get the message.

Some of these people are just plain stupid or forgot what it's like to have to walk!
Exactly. That's what I always associate "cagers" with is just being locked-up from the rest of the world. They don't know what it's like to slow down and interact with the real world anymore. They don't know what it's like to have the wind blow thru their hair. They don't know what it's like to forget about the music for just a minute and become one with nature and a motor that both hum songs for you. They don't know what it's like to cheer up the people around them... as if they just saw Superman pedal a bicycle all the way up to 30 mph!! :helmet:

Best case scenerio would be she hits something minimal dammage, air bag deploys, sending pen thru eye. Kid in carseat survives unscratched to be raised by someone other than an idiot!
HAHAHA! Hilarious.

BEST TIPS FOR CAGERS:

- Wear helmet. If it's not mandatory there for regular push bikes... this will definitely set you apart from the people pedaling at just 14 mph or less.
- Get a rear view mirror.
- Don't try to ride on the solid white line, even if you do have a rear view mirror. You MUST give yourself a few feet to the left of that line or else you will get smashed when you hit a curb, big stick, pothole, gravel, etc. Riding on the solid white line has prolly been the end of several bicyclists, so don't try to be the next!! They can wait to go around you, I'm sure; they always do for me. :D

consider them to be ones that
either are too old to really know what's going on around them
hitting riders at many times
asked later by the pooolice what happened
they are not really sure where they woke up that morning !!

the others are the ones
who truly don't care about 2-wheelers safty
try to get close on purpose
or even bump you and drive away like noTHING ever happened
one of these ran me up on the crub many years ago
when I caught up with her she acted like I was the one who was crazy
she said that she didn't hit me
ya
ya

MM

Isn't that crazy tho, to leave a human on the side of the road, like a woodchuck or something! I hope for the persons sake that hit him, they didn't know what they hit or that they are really sorry.

Wouldn't want to be standing before the "Big Judge" w/ that on my shoulders!

Yeah, he might a seen it all, but?

sad to say but I have been hit by two different old people
who just leave the scene of the crime

the one old lady
cops went to her house after the hit and run
she told the pooolice that she left the hit and run scene because
I had threatened her life
that was some total bull -- she should have been spanked for fibbing

some old people use their age to their advantage -- taking advantage of others.......

MM

Too true, MM,

but there are plenty of people just not paying attention when they drive or every age. They are in their cage...rest of the world be ****ed.

As more details come out, this guy was a hit and run victim years ago. Got his leg broken while he was younger ridding his bike... Didn't catch that cager either.... Very sad!

Back