i RODE ONE tonite!!!

G

gone_fishin

it was too cool, i was having a smoke outside the Ocean Park "eagles" when a guy rode up on a recently installed dax's 70. it was his 5th motor'd bike, he wasn't very mechanically inclined, but he was very hip to the basic installation & operation.

ok, it was a small 26" cruiser, pretty ratty, & it was way too short for me, but OMG!!! it was great, the clutch & throttle is perfect for an experienced biker, the installation is as easy as the pics say...

I...CANNOT...FREAKIN'...WAIT!!!

I really need to find a good fitting bike! I have the engine kit sitting in my garage...the bike I was going to put it on has a frame that is too thick (diameter too big), so I'm hunting around...can't seem to find anything that works well.

I found a 21" frame bike, and the angle of it seemed too wide at the bottom (too big a frame) I'm guessing 18-20" would be best...or I suppose it could completely depend on the brand of bike.

my frame has all 35mm tubing, i'm going to have to make both mount adapters but i think i've come up with a solution...if i ever get my engine i can show you....

I used an old trek mountain bike with nice skinny tubes I had to remove the front derailleur so the engine would fit properly and not need the bigger mounting bracket.

1108061426a.jpg

what gear did you leave the front sproket in? I found a bike that I would have to do the same thing. Do you find that pedaling is useful when underway at higher speeds, or just to get you started?

mrsaxman99 said:
what gear did you leave the front sproket in? I found a bike that I would have to do the same thing. Do you find that pedaling is useful when underway at higher speeds, or just to get you started?

The front sprocket is stuck in middle gear and hasn't slipped out yet! I don't have to pedal at higher speeds, but if I disengage the cluitch to slow down for an instersection I will have to pedal a bit to get going again or the engine will quit when I release the clutch again.

take off and install

The front sprocket is stuck in middle gear and hasn't slipped out yet! I don't have to pedal at higher speeds, but if I disengage the cluitch to slow down for an instersection I will have to pedal a bit to get going again or the engine will quit when I release the clutch again.

turn the idel up a little that way you can just let off the clutch and turn the throttel and she will run ...

Also for those bikes with the fat down tube use an igniton coil mounting bracket they work great!!

Cookie

Augie these bikes are fun and for us ol bikers they are great for adrenilan ..... it is a little like riding a big bike and a little like riding a little bike but more fun.

Cookie

A blast from the past!!!!!

Here's a "Blast from the past"!!!!
augidog said:
it was too cool, i was having a smoke outside the Ocean Park "eagles" when a guy rode up on a recently installed dax's 70. it was his 5th motor'd bike, he wasn't very mechanically inclined, but he was very hip to the basic installation & operation.

ok, it was a small 26" cruiser, pretty ratty, & it was way too short for me, but OMG!!! it was great, the clutch & throttle is perfect for an experienced biker, the installation is as easy as the pics say...

I...CANNOT...FREAKIN'...WAIT!!!

Back