I think im still MB's youngest member?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by mechanicojoe, Feb 3, 2009.

1. mechanicojoe

mechanicojoe Member

Well im still 13. but my B-day is coming up fast. I recently got a motorcycle:helmet: 4 free!

Its a yamaha RS 100. its small but kinda rare. Its in good shape but i got a few problems. The engine doesnt run(i dont think it does anyways) because i aint got no kickstarter arm!:shout:

But my main problem is the electrical. Im not getting power to the head light encloser where all the front stuff goes on. The only thngs that work are the turn signals and the Power/turn signal lights indicator.
    I cant find out what is wrong? :thinking:

2. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

yes -- according to the records
    today you may well be -- the youngest member
    but -- just got to let you know -- rumor has it

a five year old with trainer wheels on her MB is going to be joining soon..

have fun as you ride that thing
  3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

My daughter got in all last summer riding about 6 or 7 miles every day on my MB.
    Paper route.

That's probably a bit of an accomplishment. She was just barely 14 when I built the first bike.

She also finished junior high riding to school on something that looked a bit like an early Harley. She got a lot of attention, you can bet.
  4. cooltoy

cooltoy Member

You could always get a pal to push you and when up to speed, throw it in second gear and it should start. Maybe even lift the rear wheel off the ground, take the spark plug out and turn the wheel by hand with the bike in gear to see if it sparks. Just hook up the plug to the wire and lay it on the metal engine to see if it sparks.
    As far as the wiring goes, about all you can do is get a cheap tester and follow the wires to see where electricity flows and where it stops. I'd also have a look at the connections and wiggle them to get a good contact.
    I would work on getting it running first.
  5. I remember when I was the youngest member... :(
  6. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

You might be the youngest, but (many here will tell you) I am the most childish! :evilgrin:
  7. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

now that's funny.... :rofl:

good 1--- RC