I upgraded to..

what is the origin of labelling these engines 80cc and getting customers like our mr. 'roach here all confused what size engine they've got? Did there used to be a 80cc engines? Some idiosyncratic measurement technique that took into account is space that is actually filled by components or something? Inquiring minds want to know - and can't be arsed to do proper research ourselves
I herd somewhere that in china the count the volume of the head while most only count the displacement of the pistons movement, but don't really know if that's true.

my top three guesses about your CDI problems are that either you're:
  • mounting them where the exhaust system's heat melts the solder out of CDI wiring
  • dangling them in position supported by their own wires, which will get pulled loose -- after about twenty five miles I'd imagine
  • some random wire is shorting it out, but it isn't immediately obvious so you might think CDI is busted when it's not
my cdi has done quite alright over probably at least 400-500 miles. i replaced a few wires and sprayed some flex seal on it, to protect it when I ride thru rain and that's about it. so your either getting s**t CDI s and need a new supplier or something's wrong with the installations

Last edited:
I herd somewhere that in china the count the volume of the head while most only count the displacement of the pistons movement, but don't really know if that's true.
sounds about right. I wonder if there's some cheesy ass paper describing a 'better' way to measure two stroke displacement volume that gives higher numbers and has gained favour with these manufacturers/exporters/importers

It is a 38mm stroke and 40mm bore, that much I am sure.
I bought it used and it did only 25mph when I bought it.
Muffler was plugged and the small amount of work I did livened it up nicely.

Steve
Steve you realize that the comander thinks he has discovered by multiplying your top speed by 2 you can determine the engine size.

I think at this point one of us should do some snooping around, find where he lives. That way we can call his mother and tell him all about how stupid he's being and how he's going to get himself killed, and that she shouldn't let him ride this thing any more.

I sincerely think he must have some sort of learning disability, it's the only explanation for his behavior, his complete lack of common sense and inability to learn from either advice or his own painful experiences. He doesn't even notice when we're making fun of him most of the time.

He's going to crash and get buried in a coffin lined with plastic bags, and then no doubt there'll be a push by the local authorities, the concerned mothers, the busybodies and the local tv news to get these bikes banned. And that'd be a s**t day for all of us, so we need to do something.

my top three guesses about your CDI problems are that either you're:
  • mounting them where the exhaust system's heat melts the solder out of CDI wiring
  • dangling them in position supported by their own wires, which will get pulled loose -- after about twenty five miles I'd imagine
  • some random wire is shorting it out, but it isn't immediately obvious so you might think CDI is busted when it's not
my cdi has done quite alright over probably at least 400-500 miles. i replaced a few wires and sprayed some flex seal on it, to protect it when I ride thru rain and that's about it. so your either getting s**t CDI s and need a new supplier or something's wrong with the installations
What you just said about spraying flex seal on the cdi made me think of something. If you sprayed flex shield all over the coil on the magneto, the hole going into the mag. cover, and the cover gasket you may have just cured the age old magneto vs moisture problem.

what is the origin of labelling these engines 80cc and getting customers like our mr. 'roach here all confused what size engine they've got? Did there used to be a 80cc engines? Some idiosyncratic measurement technique that took into account is space that is actually filled by components or something? Inquiring minds want to know - and can't be arsed to do proper research ourselves
some people say the chinese measure the volume of the combustion chamber into the displacement but that doesn't hold water since the stock head isn't 14cc. my best guess is that theyre reading PK80 as meaning 80cc and there's some miscommunication between the designers and the resellers somewhere

some people say the chinese measure the volume of the combustion chamber into the displacement but that doesn't hold water since the stock head isn't 14cc. my best guess is that theyre reading PK80 as meaning 80cc and there's some miscommunication between the designers and the resellers somewhere
Even the old stock straight plug heads are only 10cc. I could see them rounding that up from 76 to 80 as a marketing ploy. Who knows what evil lurks in the heart of a advertising consultant.

Back