I want a better THROTTLE/KILLSWITCH combo

Discussion in 'Spare Parts, Tools & Product Developement' started by Max-M, Nov 30, 2011.

1. Max-M

Max-M Member

I want a better throttle/killswitch combo than those that come with kits.

Does anybody have any suggestions? I'd like something "motorcycle-grade."

2. GasX

GasX New Member

check ebay for japanese motorcycle throttles, they'll fit your 7/8" handlebars.

Sick Bike Parts has a nice throttle upgrade too...
  3. Max-M

Max-M Member

What I'm looking for is a twist throttle that incorporates a kill switch in its design. I'm not finding that. I guess I may end up buying a 7/8" throttle/dummy grip set from motorcycle-superstore.com, and a separate kill switch.
  4. CroMagnum

CroMagnum Member

Just about any street bike throttle since the 1960s will have kill switch and/or start button in the throttle housing. Here's one from a 1974 Yamaha AT-1 125:

and a 2000 Suzuki GSXR 750:

Any one will work. And if you like a kill button instead of a switch, just use the start button to short out the CDI wires instead of the slide/rocker switch. So start looking through the Motorcycle Parts sections on eBay and take your pick of literally thousands of "motorcycle-grade" throttles.
  5. Max-M

Max-M Member

Thanks, CroMagnum

What I ended up doing was to order a vintage-looking, "jackhammer"-style throttle and grips combo, made in the orient by EMGO (pic attached). And I ordered a separate, rocker-style kill switch from Sick Bike Parts.

I think that the grips are just the right look for my cruiser build.

Attached Files:

6. SdCruizer

SdCruizer Member

yeah I come from motorcycles and scooters and my grips and controls suck in quality
  7. Cali-Rider

Cali-Rider Member

SBP and I think JNMotors has both.... I have the ones from SBP, they are from a mini bike. You can also find the same ones on e-bay but take probably ten times longer to ship. Also I doubt the customer servise on e-bay is anything near what SBP offers...