I want more power.

Discussion in '2-Stroke Engines' started by pdxrhett, Jul 7, 2009.

1. pdxrhett

pdxrhett Member

I want to go bigger than 80ccs. Is there currently a motor what would easily bolt on to a bike? I can get some mounts fabbed up no problem, but finding a motor that would be decently easy to put on a bike is a problem for me.

2. zetti_the_man

zetti_the_man Member

if you add CC to your engine by, lets say longer head bolts, and stacking head gaskits, may reduces your compression and lose power.

i run nitro fuel, adding CC may be a good thing for me.
    i'd haveto test that myself.

i suggest just polishing your ports, an exhaust dump, and premium gas.

3. pdxrhett

pdxrhett Member

You see, if you're running nitro in a HT, you are running WAY too hot and your motor will die fast. Polishing ports on a HT is retarded, and these motors aren't super high compression, so using any gas above 89 octane is absurd (89 is lowest where i live).

The proper way to add CCs to a motor is to bore out the cylinder and buy a correctly sized piston + rings. My problem is that I am only 19 and do not have to experience to properly bore out a motor, nor do I have the finances to do so.

I am thinking an exhaust dump is the same as an expansion chamber? Or a boost bottle? I am currently running a diaphragm carb, and I hear the bottle is pointless, and the motor I am using will not accept an expansion chamber happily.

4. Bryan Smith

Bryan Smith Member

How is it Retarded? I gained speed when I cleaned up my ports.

5. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

There are ways to make any engine work, but as far as I know, there is no bolt-on solution bigger than the happy time kits.

6. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

Heres a couple of tips to squeeze more power out of your existing engine:

1. high compresison slant head
    2. tuned pipe
    3. SBP shifter kit to take advantage of the incredible power and get 40+ mph.
    4. porting intakes and exhausts also a good idea.
    5. rejetting carb main jet for maximum performance.

7. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Ahem....50+. :evilgrin:

But I agree, shiftkit is the best thing to hit these bikes since the engine kit.

8. Skyliner70cc

Skyliner70cc Active Member

I live at 6300+ feet and 40 mph is the most I can squeeze out of the thing air and decreased power. I'm happy that I can climb most hills with mine.

9. Just_Gasit

Just_Gasit Member

Remember, it's still just a bicycle, Speed will get you in trouble with more than just the law. That said, polishing and lightly porting any motor will help. There is a fairly cheap pipe available at Sick Bike Parts, I'm quite sure it would do good for the buck ($). Basically, if mild mods aren't doing it for you, get a real motorcycle and fight the cagers for a lane.

10. zetti_the_man

zetti_the_man Member

nitro rc car and truck fuel burns cold and clean. not hott
    i just add it as an additive, say 5-15% of the fuel mix.. that got my 20 inch stingray upto 48.6mph on a 36t chainring. german engine

11. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

hee, I live at 3+ feet :) Mebbe you need an add-on O2 bottle for the bike!

Speed is OK as long as the speed limit supports it. I like to keep up with, or be in front of the traffic. :)

12. pdxrhett

pdxrhett Member

That's exactly what I want, but with a suspended license, I can't ride an actual motorcycle (come December, that's another story :D). So, I guess I am going to have to buy a 110cc mini chopper and try to fab up some mounts for it to go on a bike. I live at sea level btw

13. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

I'd still say a happy time kit on a good bike with a shift kit is easier. My kit was $155, $200 for shift kit, and find a good used bike for $150-ish. I can hold 40 pretty easy, and it went together in less than a day.

But hey, if you want to build the 110cc, it will fly. I guess even the guys with the 49cc pocket bike engines on a bike are moving real well.

14. solitus3989

solitus3989 Member

Im quite happy cruising at 25-28mph. you have to remember - It's only a bicycle. They weren't build to cruise along at 50mph. The fastest i have EVER gone on a bicycle without an engine is 35mph down a HUGE hill and i thought i was going to die.

Gotta remember that it's not made of the strongest stuff. most bicycle frames are hollow.

Just a logical shot in the dark, but larger engines will vibrate more/put more stress on the bike frame.

15. Hawaii_Ed

Hawaii_Ed Member

Uh, so are motorcycles :)

I do see your point however.

IMHO, a quality engine will vibrate much less than a cheap china happy time, even if it is much bigger.

16. RMWdave

RMWdave Member

there IS a bigger solution, and it has a manual clutch. if you get it to work with the happytime chain and sprocket you should have no problem. its a honda xr50 clone made by lifan thats actually about 110-125cc (4 stroke) 4 gears.

search it up on ebay, lifan pocketbike?

17. solitus3989

solitus3989 Member

At the same time, i don't want to upgrade my honda 125 to go 120mph. :)

18. RMWdave

RMWdave Member

solitus you have one of thse baby cbr's? up here we have a canadawide bone stock HRC class for those at the track

19. solitus3989

solitus3989 Member

Well, my family kind of owns it. It was on my uncle's farm for many years. i think it's a... 1967 honda 125cc.

20. RMWdave

RMWdave Member

ooooh nice like a pocketbike? mini crotch rocket?
    you might have an old nsr