I want to build a early motorcycle replica

My plan is to convert my 24'' free agent bmx in to a replica of a pre 40s motor cycle. I ordered a motor and I have the bike I'm going to cut out the bottom tube because the motor wont fit but I think the smaller bikes going to be worth it since the motor will be closer to the right size. I hope to build something like this but with pedals

1934%20crocker%20speedway%20p.jpg

Ive run the same engine I ordered already and I know how to weld mainly I need to find all the parts I'm going to need, And find a bike to cut a few tubes out of any cheap old bicycle sould be good
I built this for a kid to ride on ice a few years ago with the same engine I ordered
386721_2845902469627_86046090_n.jpg

Here is my take on an early motorcycle. It's definitely not an exact replica but i think it hits the vibe pretty good.

Look up early board track racers
I think those motorcycles are pretty cool looking

The problem with bikes like that from that era is they were mostly all custom made. So its kind of a free for all..... Whatever you like, build-it, whatever doesn't work, fix-it where it will work better.

I was able to get my orginal late 1940's western flyer to the 40mph mark..... So don't worry about using super old parts, just make sure they are quality parts

You could possibly make a small wheeled drop loop frame? Those frames will fit some crazy sized motors

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    360.1 KB · Views: 377
I love board track racers but they need the top tube bent as well and that will require a frame jig. If you look at a empty crocker speed way frame and a BMX frame all you need to do us cut the bottom tube off the bottom bracket.
Then bend it above the front wheel. of course with these you need a new tube down there the motor won't work as a frame
a lot of smaller stuff will be more about what i find than being exact. I just want to get as close as possible

I'm in the middle of building one myself. This is the frame/tank I'm using

Attachments

• Screenshot_2016-06-13-18-37-34.png
    Screenshot_2016-06-13-18-37-34.png
    539.9 KB · Views: 374
Not mine, but same frame tank and fork

Attachments

• $_3.jpeg
    $_3.jpeg
    77.4 KB · Views: 310
that will work out nice I'd love to have one of those tanks I'll end up using my frame for fuel and carving my tank out of foam and fiberglassing it maybe hollow it out after for storage

It hurt cutting up such a rare bike but.... A boy can restore something, it takes a man to cut one up;) :p
An old saying around my house since my dad builds old cars....

Its going to hurt cutting this up too all my childhood I wanted a free agent dirt jump bike now that my bones are held togeather with titanium bolts and plates I got one I cant jump.
I would have killed for this bike but now that I have it I cant land a hard tail bmx over a 4ft drop without extreme pain. But at least I still have dirt bikes and 3 wheelers I can clear 50ft without a wambulance ride although ive been in more than a few. This was a good one
attachment.php

Back