I was a true hero today...

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by sparky, Jul 13, 2008.

1. sparky

sparky Active Member

After coming back from the grocery store with a 6er of Sierra Nevada Wheat beer... I saw a turtle in the middle of the road. It was beautiful and had these beautiful orangey-reddish lines & spots. Of course seeing as how I'm traveling at the speed of a turtle myself, I stop and put it on the other side of the road.

My father always stopped out in Oklahoma for a turtle in the road. He was always out to stop what he was doing so that he could help someone else. I try, but I don't recall ever seeing a turtle crossing the street while I was driving. I think there was always too much traffic, and I was mostly driving too fast with the system crunked up like we do.

I love being the hero for the children that wave, but this was equally fulfilling.

2. Amazing what you find when the cage is gone.
    I'm glad you didn't pick up a snapping turtle!
  3. sparky

sparky Active Member

I think it was a red-eared slider. I had one of those as a pet but gave it to my nephew. Looks kinda similar, but this one was MUCH larger.
  4. Alan

Alan Member

You meet the nicest turtles on a MB. :cool:

More importantly, that Sierra Nevada. M-M-M-M-M-MMM.:grin:
  5. stringer

stringer Banned

You are the TRUE example of an american hero. I salute you!

Attached Files:

6. I don't think that attachment was necessary. :-x
  7. spunout

spunout Member

a TRUE hero would have shared the beer with the turtle, haha.

I thought the attatchment was hilarious :)
  8. Alan

Alan Member

I drank with a turtle once. He was wearing a top hat.
  9. miletwo

miletwo Member

I have to give a thumbs-up for the attachment as well. That said, I'm a sarcastic jerk. Don't listen to anything I say.
  10. alex

alex Guest

I, also am a turtle saver, around here where I live it is either gopher turtles (brown land turtles) or soft-shelled turtles (they will bite your finger off just like a snapper) , but unfortunately you can't save them all.

For example, about 3 weeks ago, I was on the side of the road , and waiting for a gap in traffic so I could go and help a gopher turtle, and right as I was stepping onto the road, a shiny black ford explorer with blaring music hit the turtle going about 50 mph (in a 35 mph zone). Now, I can understand if it was an accident, but this a$$hole changed lanes about 100 feet in front of the turtle. When people purposely kill animals like that for no reason it ****es me the f*** off. The sound of that crunch and the sight of it still haunts me today.
  11. wavygravy

wavygravy Guest

you are a true hero sparky!!! let me follow the redneck turtle killer home ! revenge is sweet!
  12. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

We human beings thing we're such a big, screaming deal. Yet some of us will feel, and act on, the impulse to kill for no reason other than that we see the opportunity.

We're really only semi-civilized at best.
  13. Zev0

Zev0 Member

Alex, I understand your anger, but please watch the language. This IS a family forum. Thank you
  14. alex

alex Guest

Sorry for the language, but I have two turtles of my own, (Vic and ReyRey) and after having my turtles for 11-12 years they are like sons to me. When it comes to people killing turtles, I can't control myself.
  15. bmxcrazy

bmxcrazy New Member

alls i have to say is good beer man
  16. sparky

sparky Active Member

siera nevada wheat
    red stripe
    abita amber
    coors heavy
    budweiser (heavy again! light is for pansies)
    moosehead (especially with a meal)

but don't forget about the turtles. they make up the circle of life, i believe it's called. and they like pizza like me!
  17. jahmez20

jahmez20 Member

Bicycle Moto Cross

NO DOUBT! So BMX, do you ride one?
  18. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Mmmmmm turtle soup anyone?
  19. bmxcrazy

bmxcrazy New Member

im glad to see that we have some people that know good beer. And its never a light beer for me.
  20. TwoWalks

TwoWalks Member

I do not care if its a turtle, other animal or children - cruelty is one thing that really makes me mad

And I do not even like me when I get mad.

Food is one thing - senseless killing to feel big is another.