i was in the news papper

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by turbo/chaos, May 11, 2008.

1. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

check it out i was in the local news papper

Attached Files:

2. TWalker

TWalker Guest

I was too last year...congrats on gettin the word out.
  3. graucho

graucho Active Member

Thats so great! Keep up the good work. How did they find out about you to get in the paper?
  4. turbo/chaos

turbo/chaos Guest

i had them fix the problem with the last post that they put in and now the dallas post is next but its great because my phone has been ringing off the hook to day
  5. Awesome getting the word out,Turbo!
  6. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

Here is the text of the article.

CS company outfits bikes with motors

Eagle Staff Writer

Gaijin Motorbikes of College Station sells and installs 38-cubic-centimeter gasoline-powered bicycle motors that require neither a motorcycle driver's license nor registration. (Bikes equipped with motors larger than 40 cubic centimeters require a motorcycle driver's license and registration.)

The year-old company offers a kit for $200 or will install the motor on a customer's bike for $240. Gaijin also sells a complete motorized bike for $310 to $370, depending on the bicycle model.

Gaijin installer Justin Stancil has outfitted 35 bicycles with the motor during the past year and personally uses a motor bike to deliver food for Potato Shack.

"The bikes do 30 miles per hour and get from 160 to 180 miles per gallon," Stancil said. "I have more than 5,000 miles on my bike."

Stancil works out of his home and asks that anyone interested in learning more or having a motor installed on a bicycle make an appointment by calling 422-8338.

• Jim Butler's e-mail address is jim.butler@theeagle.com.
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2008
  7. Larger than 40? That seems so unfair.
    Good thing we have the 38 cc Happy Time!!

8. spunout

spunout Member

9. Tom

Tom Active Member

Articles in the paper are always like 10 times more effective than placing ads there. They are also free! Congrats!
  10. sabrewalt

sabrewalt Guest

38CC Happy Times.

Is that like.... Rainbow Carp?
  11. Scottm

Scottm Guest

That's cool Turbo. Let me know when it comes out in the Dallas Morning News and I'll snag a copy or two.
  12. techboss

techboss New Member

Congrats on the article. I would buy from you if you are located in Canada.
  13. You know how the 80cc is actually a 68cc? Well then the 50cc is actually a 38cc!
    Yes. In Texas,that is the true displacement. Real displacement is 22cc less than suggested cc.
  14. bamabikeguy

bamabikeguy Active Member

I can just visualize a Traffic Court hearing, you drop an engine block on the defense table, along with an assortment of measuring devices (clank drops the toolbag, pull out micrometer, compass, protractor, depth finder, and some other thing you just make up), then hand it all to the assistant D.A. and say

"Measure it yourself"....."they are lying on the label" "inflating the cc's."

Case dismissed.