I was involved in a hit and run today...

Local time
8:05 PM
I was involved in a hit and run today. I rear ended the back of a car on my motorized bicycle. My brake cable slipped loose and I ran straight into their rear bumper stopping my bike and I hit my helmet on the trunk. My gas line got yanked out spilling 2 stroke gas+Oil all over the road. I didn't hit hard enough to blackout. This was at a stop light, down a hill. Immediately after I hit them they ran the red light. Nobody stopped to see if I was hurt. I admit it was my fault I hit them. I was ready to exchange information but the ran from the accident. In legal terms thats called a hit and run. I don't remember what brand of car or the license plate. All I remember about the car was that it was a black civic looking car. This is a reminder to everyone even the pro's never let your guard down, people don't give a sh*t about u. Drive Defensivly. Unfortunately I didn't have a recording camera to catch it. So any advice?

What if thay did stop and kick up a stink to the cops and thay ban your bike maybe it's better this way . hope you're OK that's what matters.

Yeah, double check your brake setup and stay safe. You might want to just ride a bit more defensively for a while (braking early, slowly go down hills, e.t.c.)

Why did you remove the front brake? Even the back brake looks terrible, like the arms were cut out of a steel sheet.

This is stupid behavior, I wouldn't even trust you bike to stop from pedalling.

Have you considered taking the motorcycle riders safety course? You would receive some great rider safety training and when you complete the course you could get your motorcycle license without having to take the test at the DMV. Big plus if you do happen to get pulled over.

Back