I will never be honest again

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Samdallas214, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

3 days ago I was riding along and seen a socket wrench a Snap On 1/2 socket wrench.
    I went about another 5-10 feet and found a Snap On open/box end wrench ,
    I went another 5-10 feet and in a ditch was a whole set of snap on tool I mean a big tool box worth $1,000's man I was so happy, until I seen a mans name and number on the inside of the tool box.
    As much as I wanted to keep them I just can not keep something that does not belong to me.
    So I call the man he can over today and picked up his tools.
    When the ungrateful Ba$+ard got to my house not only did not offer me a dime ( not that I was expecting anything other than a thank you )
    The ungrateful ******* had the nerve to accuse me of keeping his Black and Decker plug in hand held power tools, like drills and saws, and so on, would not believe I did not find his power tools , can you believe some people.
    I went off on him and said if I was going to keep your GD tools, I would of kept the nice expensive tools not the junk tools and through him out of my house, told him he did not deserve to get his tools back if I knew how ungrateful of a Ba$+ard he was going to be I would of just kept his tools.
    Just had to rant

2. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

Uno what Sand, there are many people out there that are really backwards? Class is something that they just don't have!! Hey, you've just got to remember that the man upstairs knows what you did being honest and calling him. You'll get another jewl in your crown being honest.

Trust me, this life we live here on earth is just a big rehearsal to what we all will see after we leave this world!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

You could have been cheeky and withheld his best tools to see if he was going to be grateful, and if he wasn't you could have dropped off his most precious tools at the local outlaw bikie gang, then let him know the address of their location.

The entertainment would have been priceless - watching him trying to get his most valued tools back ;-)
  4. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

I say, if they drop it it's a good lesson learned, and they'll never drop it again, return it and they'll never learn.I used to return the contents of a wallet if found, sans cash, now I just throw the rest away as the accusing in Sam's incident is rife now.I witnessed a cop pulling away from a call dropping his expensive cellphone, I went to the cop station and had my pretty blond GF return it, as I look like a half mexican half arab version of satan and the cops just love judging books by the cover.She said I was smart to let her return it, as the detective was an a.s.s. to her.If you find it just keep it.
  5. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Valuable lesson - Don't let expectations trump good deeds, it will cause you pain and suffering. A good deed is just that - no expectations.

I learned a valuable lesson years ago while visiting Yosemite National Park. A ranger had left his citation book on the trunk of his vehicle and drove off. I saw it fall off the vehicle and picked it up. I chased down the ranger and flashed my headlights to get his attention. After about 15 minutes, he finally pulled over and I gave him his citation book. All he said was, "oh" and never said thanks. I had expectations that he would be grateful and at least say thanks, but instead, like you, I became upset. The good deed had now caused me pain and suffering. For a short time I was upset, but let myself calm down, as I didn't want to spoil my vacation over a good deed:)

You had the right to ask the man to leave your house after accusing you of holding onto his Black and Decker tools. As grinningremlin stated, "there are many people out there that are really backwards" or some are just having a bad day. At this point, I would have said, have a nice day and closed the door and not worried about any expectations.

Good Luck,

AKA: BigBlue
  6. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

Samdallas you're to straight up of a person to let an @ss hole stop you from being honest.
  7. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

When I was in a similar situation I just handed the wallet I found to the main desk at the national park and took off. That way no one could accuse me of stealing something out of the wallet. I felt good about what I did and that was a good reward for me.
    Im glad you returned the tools although the guy was undeserving. You did a good deed and that is what counts.
  8. KCvale

KCvale Motorized Bicycle Vendor

Man, where do you folks live?
    Out here in Arizona those of us that are here legally routinely return stolen or lost stuff with no reward expected but sometimes given just to be good people, the 'others' on the other hand are shot on sight with the lax gun laws legally.
  9. Samdallas214

Samdallas214 Member

I say that but to be true full if it happened again tomorrow I would still return them.

I have never lost my tools but I have has them stolen, It really heart me at the time I was in a handyman business almost put me out of business (I was at homes costing in the millions in a neighbor full of million dollar homes, went in to see where I needed to start the job came back out 5-10 minutes later and window broken and all tools gone)
    Tools like the ones I found are not for honey do's, tool, and more then likely some ones way of making a liven.

Most people in Texas are friendly and would of been real happy to get any of there tools back, but you have @$$ of all kinds, he drove a bran new Escalade and had to come to a trailer park to get his tools, so I just thank he just has the believe that all poor people are crook not thank and or caring that I called him if I was a crook I would of kept them all, he would probably of kept them so he thank all people are like that.
    What goes around will come around he will get his.
  10. KCvale

I understand Sam, and yes this world gets new **** wad people born every day, the way I figure it is I don't care if the world is 90% **** wads I won't be one even if get burned which has happened many a time, yet despite that it seems good things tend to come back around to good people.

I'm not religious at all but I like the thought of cosmic Karma, what goes around comes around like a boomerang, tossing out good deeds or crap like a boomerang it's going to come back so I try to just throw the good stuff ;-}
  11. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

KC, uno I have run on that idea for 45 yrs now. I pray your right, because it does appear the statement that "G
    ood guys finish last?"....................Just might be true?

Hope not, because I only go by golden rule here!!!!!!!!!!!!!!~
  12. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Nothing wrong with being a good guy, I'm glad most of us are, but the saying "no good deed goes unpunished" has more weight in evidence than any other.
    Any goof who complains about his black & decker crap after getting back his snap-on stuff needed the lesson IMO.
  13. geebt48cc

geebt48cc Member

AMEN GRINN!!!!!!!!!!!!!~

Bottom line is, you might slide through in this life here on earth, but when the lights turn off, you'll be in for quite a ride that will never end, EVER!
  14. rahul.kapoor

rahul.kapoor New Member

Absolutely right geetbt48cc. Good guys are always get good results not to be worried about that any person's thought. good thing and bad things are a part of life. Everyone has different thought on this earth.
  15. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

Good on you for returning the tools. Don't let him change you. Stay honest.
  16. Racie35

Racie35 Member

once while trying to get a state troopers attention in Ct (he was driving down the road without any lights on at night) I turned my lights on and off a few times ahead of him. eventually his lights came on......flashing ones and he pulled me over and ask for the usual. I told him I why i was blinking my lights at him and he turned and looked back at the still dark cruiser other than flashing lights.....says to me. "thats because I have them off"......the smartass creep gives my rig a once over and writes me a $140 ticket for a light out. wanna know why? because the dirty lowlife could.
  17. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Speaking of honesty. What would you do if you ordered a MAB motor from a vendor for $345 and paid with a CC. You did everything right . Charge never shows up on your CC account. This happened to me. What would you do?
  18. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

It's a good question, darwin. I've had cashiers give me 10 or 20 bucks too much. And I've returned it.

But if we're talking about an amount that would pay my mortgage for the month, then I'm afraid I'd feel just a bit of temptation to keep my mouth shut.

Yet, I'd return the money. I know it and I know why. I've pondered the question of honesty over the course of my life and it boils down to this; I think too highly of myself to sell my integrity for a lousy couple of hundred bucks.

You could trust me with a hundred bucks. You could trust me with a thousand. Could you trust me with a million? The honest answer is; that's a maybe. Of course I'll never get a shot at a million that I could actually keep and 'hide' from the lawful owner. So that's an artificial hypothetical. But I can be trusted with any amount that I could reasonably get my hands on because the monetary value could not outweigh the 'negative' charge against my own character.

To the OP, if you're still reading this old thread; you did the right thing. The fact that the guy who benefited didn't deserve it doesn't change this.

But you're also right about being mad at him for being such a ****.

PS; I really do try not to write words that I wouldn't want children to read.
    The auto censor cut out the word I wrote at the end of this post. The word is spelled Jay-Ee-Are-Kay. That really seems like a mild word. Isn't the auto a bit oversensitive?
  19. siouxindian

siouxindian Member

people like that . think that when you die its over. but we are going to live forever so do not let those kind of people bring you to there level. you will be a lot happier than they will ever be. you did and will always do the right thing. ride safe
  20. KCvale

Let 'em know the CC charge didn't go through, it's not like a bonus for a paperwork mix-up and you didn't intend to pay, heck I do that all the time in one way or another but getting shafted for a whole build would really hurt.

Like anyone that has something returned you remember and for a business that goes double as doing the right thing tends to pay off far more than the short term gain in most everything in life.

Afterlife? My 'moral compass' is based on the here and now not something that happens after I die.