Identification needed

Discussion in 'Antique Motorized Bicycles' started by robin bird, Jan 14, 2010.

1. robin bird

robin bird Member

The pictures below are of my friends bike. The engine is from Taiwan in the 1990's-- it is hard to read it's identity-- i think it says Jap or Zap - sorry ill try and get better pics -- it comes with 26 plastic rims --it is 30cc and it's 2 cycle -- he has a brand new one in the boxes and also a parts engine which he is selling without the bike-wants a grand which i think is too high --whats it look like ?

Attached Files:

2. maltese guy

maltese guy Guest

engine id

the make is Rotary. engine made in Taiwan . Google search and you will find a dealer in australia who sells parts for them .hope that helps
  3. maltese guy

maltese guy Guest

parts for rotary engine

2/27 ACE CRES,
    TEL: 02 4351 0345
    EMAIL: hope that helps
  4. Dilly Bar Rob

Dilly Bar Rob Member

Looks like a cool setup! Where did he get it?

A grand does sound like a lot, then again these things sell for $1550 (aus. $).

They have pictures of the innards of the thing. Looks to be of decent quality (if looks mean anything). Wet cent. clutch. Crank looks to be balanced. Cylinder & head look similar to those on a puch moped engine.

They state "200 watt output at the wheel, low power high torque" with an explanation of how/why they got that figure. I like how they achieved that (perhaps someone could re-calculate a HT's power output in that manner - "but officer, it only has 200 watts at the wheel"). I wonder what it produces at the crank?
  5. robin bird

robin bird Member

He got it directly from Taiwan on a trip there!