Identify this Honda MOTORCYCLE

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Ant27, Oct 3, 2008.

1. Ant27

Ant27 Member

Well I found this picture of my dad while I was going through my families picture bin, and he was on a motorcycle. This picture was taken around the early nineties. Can anyone help me identify this bike? I really like it.

Attached Files:

• bike.JPG
      File size:
      35.1 KB
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008

2. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

sorry, but there's no picture attached.
  3. Ant27

Ant27 Member

Lmao yeah thanks I realized that after I posted it then I couldn't find the picture hahaha
  4. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

Looks like a seventies vintage CB450.
  5. bluegoatwoods

It's a cool bike. But I can't identify it. Looks like late 70s. Vertical twin. Probably 400-500 ccs.

I have a 1981 Honda CM 400. And it's a very similar bike. But the engine is just a bit different.
  6. Ant27

Ant27 Member

I've never been a big fan of sport bikes, and I think some people who ride Harleys think they're "bikers" because they wear skulls. I know I'm probably going to be called ignorant or going to be disliked for saying that. But there are people who think they are bad*** because they drive a Harley and wear clothes that have skulls and flames on them. I'm definitely not saying its every biker. So I don't like the whole sport bike thing, and I don't really like the whole Harley crowd because some are veryyyy big posers. But I'm sure they love every bit of the Harley scene. For some reason I really love this Honda though. I really wish they had the same styles these days. I only like the old bikes. :/
    Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  7. bluegoatwoods

I've always been more fond of the rice-burners than the Harleys. The japanese have built some very nice stuff. While Harleys remind me more of Hummers.

Not all, though. I've seen some Harleys that I like quite a bit.

Then there's "harley fashion". I don't have a big problem with it, but it's not me.
    Partly because I'm just not big and hairy enough. Maybe I could pull off the scrawny, speed freak harley rider look, but I'm not interested.
  8. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

ANT our young MB ing friend

when it comes to riding we have something in common with all of the above
    two wheels and a motor...

I have owned everything from the smallest MB to the largest Harley
    and many Hondas Yamahas and everything else in between

it's a bike thing ANTman
    just like you enjoy looking at that Honda
    well get ready - because the day will come
    if you are a true bike Ant biker
    and you will take notice of a Harley
    and start to dream as if someone had slipped you something !!!!

if the engine be big or the engine be small
    bicycles, motor bikes, motor cycles
    I love them I love them I love them all...

we can find good and bad ones on Harleys and MBs also !!!

be good when you ride that thing ANT --------------------MM
  9. Ant27

Ant27 Member

hahaha I know!

Do you think the Harley dealership would sell a bike to you if you didn't have a beard and didn't way over 270 lbs?
    Maybe people that look like Santa Claus you'll get a discount?
    You sould sue for discrimination.
  10. I had a CB350 that looked just like that.
  11. arceeguy

arceeguy Active Member

The Harley vs. Sport Bike/Japanese Bike debate is like the Conservative vs. Liberal debate. Harleys are pretty nice bikes, until their owners "customize" them with straight pipes, modified cams, etc. A stock Harley idles reasonably smooth (well, as smooth as most V-twins), and is fairly quiet. I personally don't like air cooled V-twins. Having the rear cylinder be cooled by air pre-heated by the front cylinder is an engineering faux pas. The uneven firing inherent in V-twins gives them the sound of a sick lawn mower - but for some reason, people find it desirable. The charm of a HD or any air cooled V-Twin, is that they are "old school" retro engineering that you can buy brand new. Personally, I'd take an air cooled parallel twin or a boxer twin over a V-Twin, but after driving a few Harleys - I can see why people like them. They do have a certain "personality" to them. The wieners who run straight pipes and radical cams should be reported to the EPA. ;)
  12. rwidmann

rwidmann New Member

Honda 450 doc with torsion bars instead of valve springs .Nice bike for the time.Engine was very powerful for its size.
    I owned one.
    The head on the engine seized after a while,because the oil holes for the massive head would clog up,like heart disease,then seize.
    If you changed oil every 1,000 miles it might have lasted longer!
  13. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

To Motor Biker ANT

you have been invited to the West Coast
    so as to do some riding with the Harley guys and gals
    be careful -- those girls are truly rough !!!

watch what you say
    thank God for each day
    let your MB show you the way

as you --------- ride that thing ANT ------------------ MM