If crude oil is the second most plentiful liquid on earth?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Feb 6, 2014.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

If crude oil is the second most plentiful liquid on earth, how can they keep pulling the wool over the public's eyes, and why does the scientific community not speak up?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

scientists don't back up nonsense

3. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

How about they just back up the concept of paying 10 cents per litre at the fuel pump so we can relive the (big block) muscle car era; getting 6 miles to the gallon with a tail wind and going downhill.

4. grinningremlin

grinningremlin Active Member

Supply & demand.Think of the 70's to now, things used to be made of metal, near everything now is made of plastic (petroleum), second overpopulation.It doesn't matter if you have a 1000 gallons of water in a tank if there's 10,000 ready to drink it.Getting the crude to the plants cost money, refining costs money, reformulating costs money, and all for a world overgrown populace that wants everything NOW, expediency costs money.There's your answer fishbulb.

5. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

so if we start sending people to Mars, it should leave more fuel for the rest of us to throw out the exhaust pipe :grin5:

As things are, people are queuing up for a one way trip to the red planet. If only we can mass produce the technology and send a couple of billion up there on a glorified firecracker, hopefully i can upgrade from an 80cc engine to an 8,000cc engine without feeling guilty over my effect on the whales and pandas.

6. grinningremlin

Screw feeling guilty.That's where modern societies screw people up, mentally speaking; making responsible people live by the mistakes of the irresponsible, when every life is different.If you've not bred, you have vast credit over those that have, as far as environmentalism goes.If you've not bred, I feel you should get gas/food/time subsidies as you've left more space/time/air/food for future generations to live on, but everything is backwards where those that don't have children have to pay for others kids/gas/food/time/space.Just gremlin common sense.

7. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

That makes me feel so much better!!!

Now that's a seriously valid point, and if only women thought about this concept in such a pragmatic manner (wearing fully body condoms that are compatible with high heel shoes), because they are the last line of defense.

:iagree: - in Australia, i pay an outrageous amount of tax, in part to support single mothers (collecting the baby bonus financial package) by having 3 children, all to different fathers; many of whom don't work, both the fathers and the mother.

The more i work, and in the process contribute to society, the more i get taxed out of existence by the government taking money out of my pocket and giving it to those who don't or won't work.

I say strike me down if not true, because in my area, you should see all the single mothers languishing in coffee shops, (incessantly texting on their smart phones) during school hours.

8. grinningremlin

I believe it's because humans are actually counted as currency, as to keeping the system going, like worker ants/bees.That's the only conclusion I can draw.

9. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

That is why they suppress cancer cures. When you are old enough to not be very productive then they want you out of the way.

governments are only money making businesses.