Im 6ft 5" tall, need a bicycle for my 80c.c engine

U

Unregistered

I just purchased a 80cc gas engine from boygofast on ebay { its the pull start/ centrifgul clutch model}

can anyone recoomend a decent priced bicycle { preferrable with shocks/ mountain bike} that my engine will easily fit on and that will be comfortable for my 6ft 5 " height/ 230 lb weight ?

I have a local wal mart, but Im not sure if they have any bikes that will work for me.

Thanks....p.s, Id like to spend as little as possible...and dont need a name brand model since I will only be using this for riding on the roads and not hill jumping or trail riding.

bike sources?

I don't think you will find a bike at WalMart or any dept. store that you will find comfortable. You need a bike that has a frame measuring 23-24in from the center of the bottom bracket to the center of the top tube. I'd keep my eyes open for something used on the local craigslist or newspaper classified, or perhaps a yard sale. Most of the major manufactures that sell thru the independent bicycle dealers (Local Bike Shop) make entry level bikes this large but the producers of bikes for the dept. stores do not.

ocscully

i'm 6' 5" also...

you won't find a frame to fit you on the wally-world rack. i found my original bicycle on ebay, rode it 165 miles down rt 101, where dan of iRide Customs stretched it out for me. a simple but beatiful solution...the resulting "pedal forward" frame has rocked my world!

here's a page with the history of my motoredbike, the links on the left show the early days, the link on the right is a gallery with newer pics: http://webpages.charter.net/motorized_bicycle_racing/augidog.htm

my latest pics are on the racing forum, follow the link in my signature.

I'm 6' 3" over 200#- I have a standard sized cruiser frame, but I have a short crank- 4.5 inches...but I have no intention of pedaling my bike other to take off from a dead stop. Also, my seat is as low as it will go, but moved back so the tip of the horn is over the seat tube- this helps, but I did it for the style. I find it comfortable even on longer rides.

"specialized" offers some nice front-suspension bikes, and they have "XL" sizes (long seat-tube, like 19.5" or more)...around $350 last i looked.

craigslist bro

i hear ya....im big and tall myself

thats why im lookin for 29" forks to throw on a full suspension mountain bike, big front tire will lift font end......then add ape hanger type bars.........get a spring style seat from walmart (those bell seats are comfy as ****) and i wolnt get a full 29er.......i just dont like the idea of motorizing that big of a wheel.....the 26 inch is more tourqey

iron horse outlaw from sport chek i'm 6'1 and with my shock seat post i can only touch the ground with my tip toes

My Schwinn Voyaguers are monsters. 700 tires, XL frame, and weighs a feather. Around 300. bucks. Less if you can find a '07 leftover.

Back