I'm an MB'er, and it's all about ME!

augidog

Local time
5:42 PM
dear lawmaker,
i know you've said i can put an assist kit on my bicycle, i know you've set limits on how powerful it can be, how fast i can go. but, that's not good enough, i want it to be more powerful, and i want it to be faster. you see, it's all about ME.

dear rescue worker,
i know you don't want to worry about my welfare, or maybe have to scrape my body parts off the road. i know you'd feel better if i had adquate lighting and wore an effective helmet...but you forget one thing...it's all about ME.

dear lawman,
i know you like my MB but you have a job to do. i know you'd prefer i didn't give you a reason to mess with me. i know i'm supposed to behave myself like any motorist, use the proper lanes, obey signals and signs...but shoot guys, it's all about ME.

dear fellow motorist,
i know you are strictly regulated. i know you have to pay taxes and fees, and must fully document your vehicle. i know you have to carry insurance and bear financial responsibility in order to be on the road. i know it scares you when i zoom in between your cars, or blow through a stop-sign. i know you resent that i'm an undocumented and unregulated risk. i know all that, but don't forget, it's all about ME.

dear fellow MB'er,
i know you've built an MB that's within acceptable legal and mechanical guideliness. i know you depend on your MB to earn a living and support your family. i know you ride right, i know you have an appreciation for your place on the road. i know you've built a safe bike, and i know you wear a real helmet. i know you've worked hard to convince your community you can be trusted to do your part to keep everyone safe from harm and from financial ruin. i know that my oversize engine and lack of regard for safety and existing regulations put your right to ride at risk. but you need to know THIS my friend...

i don't care.

because it's all about ME.

Last edited:
so i see you get my point...only takes one rider with that attitude to affect us all.

Last edited:
No...the point of your little literary tome completely escaped me. Are you aware that there are some places where MB's are completely and totally illegal; and some places where they are legal with restrictions? Why don't you do some research and write a dissertation on that? With an attitude like yours we could all become victims of another holocaust.

lessee...am i aware...? there isn't much about MB'ing i'm NOT aware of...maybe it's you who needs to do a little research ;)

Last edited:
well said Augi, the people who try to circumvent the existing laws annoy me to death, and make it difficult if not impossible to be law abiding with these motor assisted bikes. like the guys/gals who try to make a 2cycle into a racing motor,it defies me why they just dont purchase a motorcycle cause that is what they just built.

no shouting match, please.

Hammond Egger, it wasn't my intention to offend law-abiding MB'ers (be aware i'm aware of the ENTIRE history of your 66cc "off-road motorcycle" engine) nor do i mean to talk down to you...but before you blast someone i think you should find out who it is you're blasting.

bottom line is that this motorsport's future CAN and likely WILL take a hit because we, as a group, continue to thumb our noses at everyone who has to deal with us.

illegal engines, illegal speeds, fake labels...blah blah...and all posted publicly on the web's leading source of info on the subject. and you wanna blast me just 'cuz i call it like it is...what's up with that?

Last edited:
Question: who is it about?

The bike I ride is a bit more powerful than stock, But I ride like a nerd. I stop at stop signs, make turn signals and wear a helmet. Just because my bike has a bit more power than the stock set up does not mean that I will use it for braking the law. If I don't want to pedal up the hill to get home (a 6.5% grade) then I take my motor bicycle, otherwise I have six different bikes I can ride.

I agree that there are so few of us out there that we have to set a example and not give the whole group a bad name. Usually I get positive response from folks I meet when I ride (except from the bike CoOp at school).

Lastly, do you think you might broach the subject with a bit more of a positive style. I have found that negativity makes people start out being defensive and can make things harder to deal with later.

mike

as i said, we publicly post negatives about the motorsport all the time, all i did was drive the point home with a big hammer. anyone who gets offended prolly has some thinking to do, eh?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back