I'm brand new here-John in Va.

Craftsman

Local time
2:23 PM
Well I finally got into this hobby too. Few know about this fun around Hampton, Va. A Few in Va. Beach zipping around minus the one I bought pre-built there a few months ago. I had to have it for the meer $200 . I rode it. Guy needed money for a new riding mower. I think his better half had some say in the bargain. Still using the break in oil mix. Last tank. Basic Peewee bike Black with some Street Hawk 80cc guts!
I helped my :rolleyes: Neighbor build his right afterwards using mine as a easy guide. Last time I work all day beside that :giggle: again. He's lazy and allowed the engine to work loose over time. It hurt his ankle comming out sideways. I fixed it up for him and also added a huge stainless steal radiater clamp around engine block to forward V frame for safety cause he's a :rolleyes:....It looks okay....No ready access to welders etc. Plus he's always broke.
Found a cheap occ chopper for $40 bucks. I'm building that now. Nothing I can't handle. But not a slap together build like a beach cruiser bye any means. It's almost done with a 49cc 2cycle-standard pedals + optional engine mount only . I used L brackets on my gas tank instead of that across the top frame rivit idea. I sure don't want my tank popping off. Debating on my chain routing. Just viewing others until I feel comfortable. I just read about the master link direction. Never gave that a thought. Thanks.
I chose a 49cc due to the Virginia laws this time. A chopper draws much more attention. I don't want any tickets and speed is not really an issue with me at age 58. It's not a Harley and never will be. It's a hobby toy.
Have fun all.
Craftsman

Thanks MrShorty,
Many of these up your way? Last count is 2 in Fox Hill-3 Downtown Hampton here.Maybe 3 in Yorktown. A few Craig's list ads across the river selling motor kits & a few complete. Slow start in Virginia Tidewater.

No, I haven't seen any around here. But, that won't last long. There has been allot of interest, and questions about mine. So I expect to start seeing them around.
Shorty

Hi MrShorty,
There are likely more than we visualize. Probably dozens half finished and kits never started. The 49cc China scooters are far more popular here and accepted in daily street traffic. High thieft items too.
If you think you have lost spark? I learned an easy check-pull the plug-hook the wire back to it and lay on top the cylinder head. Roll the bike down the driveway with clutch out. If you have spark you will see it quick. My kill switch went bad on mine giving me a fit sticking sometimes. I refuse to hook up the kill switch now. I just shut down at idle with the clutch out.
John

Back