I'm clutching for help!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by asd602902, Nov 16, 2011.

1. asd602902

asd602902 New Member

OK, new to this site. Decided to join on because my sister had a friend of hers add a two stroke motor to her bike. Reason is, she has no license and needs a cheap way to get around locally. Problem...he is kind of a "HACKER"! End result, the thing slipd in and out of gear, randomly. Sounds like the clutch may need adjustment. Haven't messed with one of these before. Any suggestions?

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

If the motor is a China girl, try tightening the flower nut. Tighten one notch at the time and then test ride.

3. keystone

keystone New Member

Possibly the key is stripped on the small gear that drives the clutch housing.

4. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Clutch problem?

Hey Ketstone, If that were the case, I think the thing would slip and never drive the chain. Sounds more like a bent clutch plate or shaft making it feel like it's going in and out of gear. But we are all just guessing. He really needs to have someone look at it that knows M.B's. If he were close enough to me I'd check it ou for him. Does ANYONE live near this guy? Sounds like he needs a little advice.
    Big Red.

5. Big Red

Big Red Active Member

Clutch problems?

Where do you live? Maybe a M.B. Brother lives near enough to you to help out.
    Big Red.