Im Glad To Be Home For A Week

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by graucho, Oct 8, 2008.

1. graucho

graucho Active Member

O' how I love my bed. The smells of fall, home cook'in. And most importantly, family.
    Has anyone been overseas abroad for any length of time and realize what's important
    to each of us as an individual? How we take simple things for granted.

How can a body of water split human culture so? make our beliefs so distant from each other.
    These questions will be with me until the culture shock fades and I slide back
    into what's comfortable to me.

I'm home for a week and then leaving for a final 2 weeks of aiding
    (giving my 2 cents worth) in fine tuning a hydrogen injection system for
    a concept-motorcycle available in the near future. After those 2 weeks
    i'll be clicking my heals like Dorothy in the Wizard of Oz. "There's no place
    like home. There's no place like home.
    (I'll have to replace Toto with white fluffy dog though)

I will be able to give details of my venture when the cycle is released for
    production. (Waiver of confidentiality)

On a great MB.c note, what i've seen and learned it's possible to run
    a small 4 stroke on pure hydrogen in a fiber-carbon tank (like a tiny scuba tank)
    and get 60% more mpg. 30% more get up and go.
    I can't wait to get back into my shop. Because truely, there's no place like home.

http://www.tuvie.com/suzuki-crosscage-concept-motorcycle-with-hydrogen-powered

Last edited: Oct 8, 2008

2. Happy Valley

Happy Valley Active Member

Cutting edge stuff here, man.

Can't wait to hear more about fueling with pure H.

That Suzuki in the link is just plain sick.

3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Glad to hear things are going well, graucho.

I've always been a wanderer. Didn't plan it that way, it just happened. I'm not a world traveller, but I've seen a pretty good chunk of the USA and a smaller piece of Canada.

And I definitely like getting to know other places, but it also gets tiresome. At times it's seemed as though I've been wandering in a world full of (something like) ghosts: when I'm mixing with only strangers for a while, the people begin to seem less "real" to me.
    Sounds kinda perverse, doesn't it? I don't forget that these are real people with real hopes, dreams, hopes and fears for their loved ones, etc. And they have my goodwill. But there's a definite distance between us.

It's always good to get home.

So have fun. Get your work done and hurry back. Keep us filled in. We'll see you around.

4. alternativefuel

alternativefuel New Member

Welcome back graucho. Congrats on phaze 1 of your adventure. Rest up, go back and give her H_E double L. That bike looks like a screamer. :cool:

5. sparky

sparky Active Member

Great news, Graucho!!

Is that Suzuki what you're working on?

About the 60% more mpg... what's your opinion on the electric conversion losses?? That must obviously be enough for you to continue your quest, right?

What was the deal with running hydrogen in the R/S? That sounded like great potential for those of us here at MBc.

6. graucho

graucho Active Member

Hey thanks sparky, everyone.

1. Yes
    2. Yes
    3. No one showed interest back then so the thread died. As in "all of the energy threads" here, only a few people respond. Must not be the correct forum to talk about alternative fuels or energy conservation. Now if everyone would give their 2 cents worth we as a group we could come up with something spectacular, innovative. Frankly a person gets tired of wasting their time from lack of response and/or negativity every other post.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2008
  7. WOW!

You're really doing it.

Could you be my daddy? :grin:

I can't wait to see what develops!