I'm going to build a new bike!

stangkid

Local time
4:01 AM
Well, I plan on it at least. Will be starting in about 2 months and not going to rush this bike. Plans are:

Cruiser Bike - 7 speed
66CC Kit
Performance Carburetor
Performance Exhaust
and finally and most importantly, a SBP Shift Kit.

So this leads me to a question: What is the best bike to use? Looking for something ~$300> that is going to be good quality, not going to fall apart like my old huffy. Any recommendations?

Thanks

That's kind of like going on a car forum and asking who makes the best car. The Ford guys will claim Fords are the best and Chevy guys will say Chevys are the best. There are a lot of good choices.
I like steel framed beach cruisers, preferably older than 2000. A lot of guys like the Felt aluminum cruisers. Some guys love fat tubed aluminum mountain bikes. They all have advantages, depending on the types of roads that you will be traveling.

schwinn cruisers seem to the fashion. I bought a cruiser from walmart for like 110. its a kent i believe. I would have rather bought the schwinn id seen a sears, only because I think the motor would have been a better fit. It also have the off centered downtube. My kent is alright, but there's not much space for the carb. I imagine I will have to buy an off center intake manifold sometime in the future. I just like to get at these things without too much hassle..

Give that, I guess any bike would do as long as they are bigger they 24 inches.

I built a kent glendale for a customer a week or so ago - easy build if you make elongated front mounting studs - motor sits a bit high in frame, but comes out nice.

i built a kent glendale for myself its awesome, and it runs great with out a shift kit not to mention I saved my money!
Also, you dont have to change anything with the motor mine just bolted right on I didnt have to make anything longer. They must make the Glendales differently then they did back in June.
Just make sure you get the kit with the ubolt for the front mount and it will sit fine.

Back