I'm Going With This Bike

AnotherBillfromAZ

Local time
12:06 AM
Micargi Stealth. I'm going to pick it up on Tuesday, right after work.

What do you guys think?

I also picked up some suspension forks from my LBC: This is a really great bike shop in Glendale, AZ with lots of parts. I'm painting them flat black.

Attachments

• Stealth black ops.jpg
    Stealth black ops.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 254
  • forks2.jpg
    forks2.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 205
That's a good looking bike! I'm glad to see that you're putting on a suspension fork with a brake. Use Continental Kool Stop brake pads if you can. They offer much better stopping power over typical pads. I have them on one of my bikes, and they do a great job (and I'm no lightweight).

That's the bike I built. Check out my pics. I love it. But just know now that the chain guard and the front fender ARE going to leave you very soon. So take the chain guard off now, and put a better brace on the front fender. I love mine. It's a daily driver. Kicks butt. And looks way too cool. Good luck and have FUN!

Well Norm, I really don't plan on keeping these fenders. I think they'll do fine as trade-in or barter items at my LBS. I'm also switching handlebars to low apes, seatpost to suspension, and cranks to wider ones.

As far as putting rear caliper brakes on her, it looks like I may be able to use the fender mount at the underside rear of the top tube; what do you think?
Have you been able to put rear caliper brakes on yours?

Back