i'm gonna go live on my motoredbike...why not, eh?

we'll find out soon enough...monday morning 8am i pull the trigger.

if all goes well, i may find myself jumping off sooner than expected.

folks, i'm not splitting with a hostile attitude, i'm gonna go ride my bike..."just passin' thru" is best, considering my temperament...maybe someday when the anti-augie lobby loses momentum, and it's considered OK to be seen talking to me, you'll find a way to "get over it" and wish me well...i'm gonna be "out there" in mind and body this time, living to ride & riding to live...no posing, no "i wish i could..."...i wear an italian horn, it's been helpful in the past, trust me that once i hit the road i'm shedding all the goop that was our relationship, but will be receptive to rekindling the good parts, the one thing we surely have in common...the bike, and the RIDE.

i'm running a simple journal here: http://mb-rambler.mysite.com/index.html

Last edited:
Best of luck in all your endeavors. The journal is a great idea. Your planned MB journey has got me cogitating MB travel and I'd guess I'm not alone.

A very good friend has done extensive pedal bicycle touring, crossed the country numerous times and toured Canada and Central America. Once, answering my question about miles per day, he replied his logs indicate 70 mpd to be his average.
Of course he acknowledged it all depends with variables of extremes like mountain grades/prairie flats,and weather related: heat, cold, wind, rain.

If ya took a ballpark stab at it what do you think a reasonable target would be for average miles per day?

I wish i could do something like this... however my wife is pregnant and it doesnt look like I am going to have the time for a while. I wish you the best of luck and all that GOD has to offer. Hopefully I can do this someday.

50-60 miles...on days i'm traveling, that is. i should always be able to find something new within that range. i fully expect to find cool places to hang out for a while, and i know sometimes i'll go on a bi-polar binge & ride it out for hundreds of miles, but mostly this is about takin' it easy.

You already know this, but I'll say it again- I'm behind you 100% It is easy to find something within the 70-80 m.p.d. range as a days destination. That was one of the easier portions of the adventure I did. Look at your map in the A.M. and find somehting that looks good and shoot for it. If you hit it early and decide to keep going that's easy enough too. So keep the journal on this shakedown and post it when you've returned, including notes or points on what worked, what didn't, what could be improved, etc. The whole shebang! Good luck and I'm scrounging still for that perfect tidbit from the wyman bike. I hope I can get it to you before this run but if not it will be waiting upon your return...
and in reference to S-II and the journey "For those who know, know all words to be faint; for those that know not, there are no words which could ever paint"
Safe journey my brother.
BTW- left a message for you on your journal website...

Last edited by a moderator:
that's the rub, guys...extensive journaling isn't my forte...when i roll off, i'm likely to all but disappear (it's a style that's perplexed many friends, and family) and i'm trying to explain myself. before the bikes got me all excited, before the bikes took me over the edge, i was a content social lurker...i'd figured out what i had to do, with my resources, to stay above phsycological water. "don't leech and cause no harm. other than that, party-on dude" worked for me. doing all these things with so many people was strange sh--t for me to experience, being under scrutiny of any kind causes an uncomfortable itch on the back of my neck, ya dig? but who would not have grabbed the bars under the circumstances? let's face it, i had a BLAST the last 4 years, but am melancholy about so many of my friends feeling unable to share it with me, or even sometimes with each other.

anyways, to summarize: karma took me for one hairy ride, but she gave me one SWEET ride in return :)

the mysite is my last-ditch effort at doing better to stay in touch this time. i'm shopping for the right eton/grundig emergency radio with usb charging capabilities & then a suitable new celphone/camera. hit public internet access, update mysite, move on. so at the least you'll be able to get a pic once in a while, and a few quick notes about life on the road these days. use the dedicated email addy to make direct contact & please give me time to respond. (EDIT: thank you, Rif)

i'll stick around and keep stirrin' it up until i'm gone, the posts will just peter out one day. but anyone finding this will at least know where the heck i got off to.

here's a note about my cargo:
i'm not interested in how much i can carry, i'm shooting for how little i (and S-2) can live with.

Last edited:
Man you make leaving sound so depressing.Like this is the last big journey.
Its says your first leg is gonna be 160 miles.thats only a one day ride there.where you going after mt st helens?

i'm really pumped about all this, but it IS bringing me down a bit...i've never known so many people, & all the emotions of the last few years...well...anyways, no i am NOT depressed about my new adventure.

we've moved the ride to the volcano to Mon-Wed 17th-19th...kevin & cruzin are gonna ride me out as far as naselle.

this isn't a "leg"...just a shakedown run. i think the first run for good will be to mosey on down the west coast to so-cal, maybe find MM and take a break when i get there.

Itchy finger so light on hair trigger,
Wandering soul in search of something much bigger,
Like an old western wild man, ramblin' 'cross the land,
The saga of a journey- A man of spirit and rough'nd hands...
May the storms be brief, the winds at your back;
May there always be good food stored in your pack
May the spirits protect you from shock and harm,
May the heart to guide you to places safe and warm.

Safe journey my friend and Believe when I say there are those of truth who are with you in spirit. And also Believe that when you see a Hawk soaring against the sunset skies, know that my spiritguide the nighthawk is there watching over to keep safe and guide.

P.S. In journal I meant more of a personal notebook, like old school- pen and paper; you know the old Analog journal... LOL!!! :-D

Attachments

• wings of strength.jpg
    wings of strength.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 188
Last edited by a moderator:
Back