Im impressed!

Street Ryderz

Local time
4:38 AM
I just received an order of service parts from motorized bicycle.ca today and to my surprise the big end and little end bearing quality is improving! the top set are the new ones and the bottom set are what I usually see!
The next pic is the parts received less top end kits.The big end is 1mm wider now and fits the rod properly!I wish they would use a wider little end one in that quality.

Attachments

• 2017-01-19 20.37.04.jpg
    2017-01-19 20.37.04.jpg
    115.1 KB · Views: 134
  • 2017-01-19 20.38.32.jpg
    2017-01-19 20.38.32.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 157
I think the smooth cage looks better than the one with all the (stress riser?!) crevices on it. That actually looks like the cheap ones that they sell on eBay and everywhere. I have read that when these fail they fail at the cage. Luckily I have been assured that they last well at the moderate RPMs I'm aiming for.

Actually the top set are far less likely to fail malosi,stage 6 and others use that type for engines that have 14,000 rpm peaks and making over 15hp the rollers are trapped in the cage the other ones you can pop the rollers out very easily!This is stag 6's small end known as the best on the market!

Attachments

• small-end-bearing-stage6-10mm-10x14x15mm.png
    small-end-bearing-stage6-10mm-10x14x15mm.png
    361.9 KB · Views: 136
Last edited:
Furry tomorrow I have to replace a customers top end because just like you said the smallend bearing let go!Havent takein it all apart yet but from what I saw on the piston top and head chamber I would say one maybe two rollers were bouncing around in there!And I can almost guarantee it was the lower set in pic,I see it a lot, also remember that advertised items pictured aren't always what you get unfortunately I will post my findings tomorrow!

Okay we will have to see what works best in practice.. but I was only saying that it looks better with a smooth cage. I'm not trying to say any more than that really, just wittering as I'm online way too early in the morning. I have read a few opinions on caged vs crowded bearings vs bushes; but I haven't seen the smooth cage before and the smooth cage just intuitively seems more likely to be a good idea.

those base gaskets look like what I need - the tan colored, thick, stiff ones with a crosshatch pattern in them - a bit more than 1/32inch thick

is that what those are?

Okay we will have to see what works best in practice.. but I was only saying that it looks better with a smooth cage. I'm not trying to say any more than that really, just wittering as I'm online way too early in the morning. I have read a few opinions on caged vs crowded bearings vs bushes; but I haven't seen the smooth cage before and the smooth cage just intuitively seems more likely to be a good idea.
I hear you!the smooth ones do work ok but imo the others have more roller area and exposure to oil and cooling.

Oh and I have yet to find a crowded bearing in the sizes we need!I have bronze bushings only two left at the moment because those are hard to find aswell, I think Iam going to have them made for the next batch but I only use those for race engines.

Yes exactly they came from Canadian Grube Dist.

just ordered 10 full gasket sets from china for $11 and not sure what will show up - I'll see if I can locate that grubee site in case I still need the thick ones

got the high torque pk80 motors now with 40mm stroke and 38mm rods, so need two thick base gaskets to make piston/head room

Back