I'm just a newbee!!

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by cap'n schep, Nov 17, 2009.

1. cap'n schep

cap'n schep New Member

It's real priveledge to participate on this awesome web site. I'm 51 years old, and design and build sailing skiffs, and ever since I put a $20 sears craftsman free spirit 2 stroke friction drive set up on the front wheel of a free 24" tricycle I had a real hankering to do more stuff with bikes, trikes, and the likes. I bought a 26" "next" beach cruiser for $30 dollars after I talked a friend into putting a 66-80cc bicycle motor on his 27" fuji. 38 mph........Geeeeesh. He let me ride it a couple of times and now I'm hooked. So anyway, I'm saven up some cash to build my beach cruiser (6 speed). I plan to go with a 48cc grubee power plant coupled with SBP's HD jack shaft kit. thanx for letting me in. Great site, great photo gallery etc. Thanx again......Fun riden..........Late Best regards,
    Last edited: Nov 17, 2009

2. bryant

bryant Member

Welcome on board cap'n, Sounds like your well on your way to some more riding fun. I envy you for your sailing skiff design and build. That has always been a fasination to me.(Building and sailing boats) I built a beautiful Selway design canoe 2 or three years ago and its been some of my fondest memories when I think of the building process I went through. Good luck on your motorized bike. Lets see a picture when you get it done. Tom
  3. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

G'day & welcome to MBc.
  4. Quenton Guenther

Quenton Guenther Motored Bikes Sponsor

Welcome to MBc

Have fun,
  5. Pablo

Pablo Motored Bikes Sponsor

No such thing as "just a newbee"....

Welcome. We have all been there! Stick with the "sport". You will love it.
  6. cap'n schep

cap'n schep New Member

Thanx Tom for the warm welcome and your interest in boats!! ( and motorized bicycles ) Rare to find people with our interests, There's some good video of the 16 that I designed and built on my web site, http://tack9.com <( 1st day with the new sails!! ) and a lot of other stuff on there as well, I'm still trying to learn how to navigate on this site etc. Thanx again..........Mark
  7. cap'n schep

cap'n schep New Member

Well said!! Thanx fetor56 for the warm welcome........!!
  8. cap'n schep

cap'n schep New Member

Thanx so much Quenton!! Nice signia........!
  9. cap'n schep

cap'n schep New Member

Tankyou Pablo!! New to me......Sporting indeed!!!