I'm not banned yet?

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself' started by jamesburr36, Aug 20, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jamesburr36

jamesburr36 Member

Surely I thought I'd be banned for calling Chinese made HT 2 strokers "slag scum" engines because the metal they are made from resembles the crap that floats atop molten aluminum. The one I had was full of short shots from poor casting that cooled to fast and the quality of the motor was so poor its destiny was to be in a trash can in a week.

The 4 stroke I bought seems to run much better and more reliable except for the hoot gearbox that self destructed after a few miles.

2. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

What did you replace it with?

Did your Huasheng have the 5/8" straight shaft or was it the tapered shaft model?
  3. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

yeah, quality control seems to be that you can get lucky and get a "keeper" or get something that makes you pull your hair out. My first ride I had to find out the hard way that some gas tank caps seal too good and let a vacuum build up in the tank as gas is used and so a small hole needed to be drilled in its top. live and learn. that was the first of many lessons.
  4. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

I'm not a 2 stroke or HT fan but my reasons are my personal choices. I admire folks who take an inferior product and make them into a dependable machine. It takes skill and commitment to do so.
  5. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

well I had to thoroughly improve my 2 stroke 48cc. I couldn't get a drivers license here since I am still just a "tourist", buses had too limited routes, taxis were too expensive, I lived up a hill, and the 8500ft altitude provided another power challenge since that means less fuel burning oxygen.
  6. jamesburr36

jamesburr36 Member

The 4 stroke kit has the tapered shaft. That never gave me any issues. The little chain inside the hoot gearbox was so loose that it jumped the big sprocket inside and jammed. This caused the output shaft bearing to break the slag casted housing.

But that's not all. The beach cruiser I had this engine one was full of uber stupid cheap parts too. The front tire blew out at 30 mph because the caliper brakes made the rim too hot it burst the inner tube. I have an shift kit on it but chain kept getting caught in between the rear sprockets and sometimes wouldn't shift at all. The bicycle has an aluminum frame so the engine mounting brackets were damaging it.

I replaced both wheels and hubs with drum brakes and an internal geared hub. Put heavy duty tires and double thick tubes. Ordered a new 4 cycle kit with a 4g-t unit. I spent the last 2 days custom making special mount brackets by hand. I'm also designing a small 13.8 volt built in alternator for the engine to charge a battery and run horn and lights.

I ordered the new kit with the tapered shaft. I saw a video that showed how loose the cent clutch was on the 5/8" shaft so I chose the tapered shaft.
  7. butterbean

butterbean Well-Known Member

While I myself sympathize with your feelings towards the ht 2 strokes, having gone through 4 engines in 3 years before going to a custom 98cc schwinn build, I am curious. Why would you draw more attention to something that you thought would get you banned in the first place? Do you want to get banned? Or are you attempting to further antagonize those who still enjoy the ht kits? They aren't for everyone (they certainly weren't for me), but I still see a lot of folks enjoying them without as many problems as I had with mine. The point of this thread seems fairly antagonistic to me.
  8. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

@ jamesburr

If you want to get banned, just visit the other site with advocacy for 25:1 oil/fuel ratio.

You will be banned in 5 seconds :evilgrin:

and if that fails, just mention my name - it will get you thrown out of the country !!!
  9. jaguar

jaguar Well-Known Member

yeah, on this site the American ideal of free speech is still respected. not at www.motorbicycling.com though
    butterbean likes this.
  10. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

Bunch of Nazi's over in the other forum. One in particular is named Adolph.
    butterbean likes this.
  11. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

And word on the other forum is that he's managed to clone himself :devilish:
  12. Purple Haze

Purple Haze Active Member

These engines are built to a low price point. They could put a little more quality into them, but they would be into the price range of the Honda, Robin Subaru, etc. I enjoy tinkering on them, and they have a lot of potential if you get a good case and cylinder casting. Plus, I don't like the way the 4-strokes look, like a bicycle with a lawnmower engine on it, the HT looks like a motorcycle engine, and is easy to mount on a bike frame without adding a wider crank or other mods. By the way, most of us, the good ones LOL have been banned from the other site and wear it as a badge of honor. The quickest way to get banned on this site is to ceaselessly advocate the virtues of the Bumblebee kit.
  13. LR Jerry

LR Jerry Well-Known Member

Glad you got your bike going. After your experience you may be like many others and myself, 4 stroke for life.
  14. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

:iagree: and any hyperactive Bumblebee advocate (opps, i mean spammer) should result in an immediate :ban:
  15. james65

james65 Member

I have had so much luck with Ht's. I know that is not the norm. I am a daily MB rider and of course the clutch pucks had to be touched up and the pull starters are crap. over all I have had great luck with them. Still daily using my 48cc Ht from 4 years ago.

Attached Files:

16. BigBlue

BigBlue Active Member

Jawohl mein Herr!

AKA: BigBlue
  17. chainmaker

chainmaker Member

Just my 2 cents here...I like to frequent both forums because both have a pretty good group of guys, yeah there are hot heads and know it alls on both forums, but really Adolph Hitler. I don't see anyone flaming this forum over at the other, these forums are for sharing information and a mutual love of MBs.

BBB, why get yourself banned , why not just not visit the forum anymore? Could it be you were flaming up at anyones replies to your posts that you didn't agree with, perhaps, or flaming up forum sponsors that could have been it as well.
  18. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

That's because this forum is a good and nice forum and not a bad and evil forum populated by bad and evil moderators with good and nice people trying to survive random Pol Pot campaigns of grumpy moderators :grin5:
  19. jamesburr36

jamesburr36 Member

The point of my thread's title stemmed from some arguments I had with staff and members here regarding our differing interpretation of Idaho's laws regarding motorized bicycles. That was 2 years ago. This argument spanned both forums by the way because the same guy I was arguing with here was also there, LOL!

But I was on the other site a couple nights ago and started talking about how cheap and low quality crap was coming from china and I made a remark in the other forum's instant message that HTs were slag scum engines based on my own experience.

This post was my 1st thread here in about 2 years. I didn't know if I was banned from that crap 2 years ago because I never came back to find out.

I didn't want this thread to end up as a banning discussion between the 2 forums or make it personal to anyone. BBB They talked about you being banned in the instant message last night but I had no clue who you are or what happened there nor did I really care. Those issues are between you and them and nobody else. I'm just starting to work on my bike again and came back to the forums to see if there is new information regarding issues with my kit other than those I already had. I am the type of person who tries to learn from other people's mistakes. For instance I put a hub with a drum brake in it. I came across a thread on the other forum from a guy who ended up spending a couple days in the hospital because the plastic clamp that held the brake arm to the front fork snapped and sent him over the handlebars at 30 mph. I'm going to fabricate a metal bracket to replace the plastic one for my brake.

The other information I was looking for was to see if someone added a 13.8 volt generator on the HS 4 stroke engine to see if I can get some ideas for a mod on mine.
  20. MotorBicycleRacing

MotorBicycleRacing Well-Known Member

This forum is under new ownership since then.
    Anton is a good guy and all the mods who are left are great too.

Tom and all the previous ban happy mods are gone.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.