I'm thinking about buying this seat for my bike!

Discussion in 'Bicycle Repair' started by Simonator, Dec 28, 2008.

1. Simonator

Simonator Guest

I like to go on 2-3 hour rides in the summer. I am a large rider (6' 3 280 lbs) I am sick of my buttocks being so sore after I am done. I think that seat might do the trick!

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

Looks like an upholstered tractor seat. Comfy, very comfy.
  3. mabman

mabman Member

Should be fine as long as you don't plan on pedaling much. I find the wider the seat the more stress it is on your thighs while pedaling. But if you plan on motoring for the most part then go for it.
  4. Simonator

Simonator Guest

I was thinking the same thing.
    THe only time I pedal is when I start it, helping it uphills, and when the motor breaks. :punk:
  5. DeathProof

DeathProof Member

This seat is 6 pounds? wow o_O
  6. Lee_K

Lee_K Member

7. Barry

Barry Member

8. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

If that seat is comfortable to you, that is all that matters. You can expect to swap seats a few times before finding one that works best for you on long rides.
  9. crassius

crassius Well-Known Member

got one similar - I needed to get it as low as possible to be able to pedal well
  10. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

That seat won't let you change positions at all while riding. I find that necessary while going on long rides. OP check out a cloud9 its a great comfy seat.
  11. darwin

darwin Well-Known Member

LeeK in above post, don't ya just love niagracycle? I buy most of my bike parts from them, great selection and prices. Never have had a problem with them. Just be sure of what you order cuzz that's what you'll get and like anything over the net its a pain to return stuff because of the cost of shipping if you order the wrong item.