I'm thinking about starting a new Vintage project

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by JE, Aug 18, 2008.

1. JE

JE Guest

I've got a couple weeks off work and decided to throw some of my spare vintage bike parts together.I'm thinking about putting a small motor in this frame (not sure what yet) It's a 1920's HP Snyder frame with a 1936 Schwinn fork 1960's Schwinn rear wheel with a 2 speed kickback rear wheel.and 1960 schwinn crank.Also have a matching front wheel and white wall tires.

2. srdavo

srdavo Active Member

sounds cool
  3. JE

JE Guest

oops here you go.

Attached Files:

4. Esteban

Esteban Active Member

Just be careful not to damage a frame, or devalue it. Many bikes are $$$$$$ collectibles !
  5. ain't worth nuthin

isn't worth nothing just sitting and not being used.

I see a sweet board track racer in that frame.
  6. JE

JE Guest

Yea If I had a complet bike I'd be restoring it.Ive got close to 20 Vitage bicycles in my collection.The most valuable being my 1937 Shelby Airflow.It's worth about $4500 when the restoration is complete.
  7. JE

JE Guest

Made some progress on the bike today.Swaped the schwinn crank out for a 1950's JC Higgens crank.Cut the fork head tube down to the right size and rewelded it shortend the chain and found some handle bars I like.Just need to flip them upside down and find a front tire that will fit my schwinn wheel. Not sure what kind of motor i'm going to use yet.The triangle in the frame is pretty small.
  8. JE

JE Guest

Here is the picture I forgot to put in the last post.

Attached Files: