Imagine how far ahead Fernando Alonso would be!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Jul 14, 2014.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Alonso would win that race by 30 seconds over Raikkonen, being nothing less than a total humiliation.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Ayrton Senna would lap both of them, God rest his soul.
  3. HeadSmess

HeadSmess Well-Known Member

i said it before and ill say it again...

they should be mowing at the same time, and being scored on not only how fast they are, but how neat!

oh, and the other one...

yankees have the best trucks, swamp buggies, lawnmower racing, tractor pulls, you name it, you guys will race it :jester:

all we have is two brands of cars going round the same old tired road, over and over. boring!
  4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

In Australia, our main category of motor racing is a complete joke (V8 Supercars) and i gave up on the V8 racing category many years ago; when they started introducing all the "parity" crap and deleting the need for manufacturers to make a minimum number of road going cars with road going parts that had to be used in the race cars.

It's disgraceful that GM product """Holden""" has a chassis that's lengthened compared to the road car and it is disgraceful that both Ford and Holden share control cylinder heads as well as other engine parts.
    They share the same gearbox and same differential etc.

Disgraceful, an absolutely discraceful category of motor racing.

It used to be great racing back in the good'ol'days when some drivers drove their cars to the racetrack (tuning the engine along the way) and then drove them for more than 10 hours in the race.
  5. HeadSmess

amaroo racetrack...closed down about 15-20 years ago. that was a local one.

um, cant remember the name...another one down the road, last time i saw its now someones front thinking southwest pacific raceway... cant drive on the roads over 50km/h without either the idiot in front slammin on the anchors or getting fined.

nowhere to take a car where you can do more than 50km/h other than the freeways and everyone still sits at 50 there anyway...

and they have the nerve to say that too many kids are street racing, so they impound their cars?

i never bothered with car racing here, its always seemed pointless.

gotta be loaded to enter karting, and what few tracks are around are being shut down.

cant race RC cars, boats, planes...see above.

only recently built track ive heard of recently is some powerball winner on the central coast, its private, and well...noones allowed there!

why cant we just have a nice area where its "enter at ones own risk" and basically, youre only going to get in trouble if you actually KILL someone?

id love to see galston gorge turned into a racetrack.... galston gorge, loop up round through berowra waters, over the ferry...can you imagine a racetrack where you have to catch a ferry? be freakin awesome! is only a lil, 12 car max ferry :) obviously everyone that doesnt live here would need to google these locations, but theyll see what i mean...a 30km winding loop through (mostly) bush and rural farmland! it would be an internationally famous revenue raiser :) would pay for the overpass over galston gorge required to let the original road be used as a circuit in about...oh, say...a week?

see if this actually works...,151.1345214/-33.6134324,151.1398417/@-33.6533799,151.1496276,12z/data=!4m14!4m13!1m10!3m4!1m2!1d151.1514928!2d-33.6238476!3s0x6b0d50ade3e920ef:0x13017d67e5afb5c1!3m4!1m2!1d151.0669972!2d-33.6152604!3s0x6b0d595b412e3e89:0x962b7202d5355428!1m0!3e0
  6. HeadSmess

yep, does for me...1h, 11min...i reckon brocky could have done it in about 20 mins or so, if he timed the ferry...
  7. HeadSmess

hmmm, takes about 49 mins on the pushy, going the full circle. because i just tried it... i rarely go the berowra way... so iunno where this google maps drags its time up from...i guess its cus certain sections are 40km/h?

no way am i ever moving... at the "hub" of some of the best motorbike riding roads in NSW :) need a bike shop here. make a fortune :)