Imperial Cycles Custom Boardtracker Gas tanks

I ordered one the other day... It's been three weeks and I've heard nothing from them. I've tried to contact them, but they don't seem to check their e-mail or messages.
I've contacted PayPal and they are going to refund my money... I WOULD NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY AGAIN!!!
This sucks, I was looking forward to my tank.
Now, I'm in the market for another tank. I kinda like the under the seat cylinder tank look.

Too bad!
It's not a bad looking generic one size fits all tank for the price, I guess...
rc

OK,
Finally got ahold of somebody and the tank was shipped last week and should be arriving today. It's to bad I had to go onto their FaceBook page and complain to get a responce from the company!
Looking forward to getting outta work, so I can check out my purchase.
I take back the negative things I said about the company (Eric). I just wish the communication was better. He should send out an e-mail confermation or something, to let ya know the order went through.

Yeah, it's a sweet looking tank :) This is gonna change the whole look of my bike. It's gonna shout, "Custom!"

That's good to hear!

Communication is SO important...

I keep thinking of that 'Cool Hand Luke' movie... 'What we have here is a failure to communicate!'

:)
rc

I installed the tank over the weekend. Works great, but I noticed a couple of design flaws...
The first one I noticed was tank only had one mount under the front. While this worked good, the tank could still be lifted up from the back. On some of Imperial Cycles builds, I noticed a welded tab bracket on the *** end of the tank, so you could bolt it onto your frame. Well, it didn't come with a rear bracket (I thought it would)... I ended up drilling a very small hole where the two sheets of metal met under the tank, under the weld. Then I used a zip-tie to fasten it to the frame. That solved the problem for me.
Next thing I noticed was the fuel line outlet, it was positoned in the middle of the back of the tank... So, when ya run outta gas, you really have about 1/4 gallon left. Why they did this is beyond me? Reserve? Maybe...
It does come with a nice fuel shutoff. Which includes a built in filter, that reaches into the tank.
The gas cap is non-threaded. It just fits VERY tightly inside the hole with a O-ring gasket. It does have a pinhole in the top. Works fine, so far.
Just my 2 cents :)

Back