Impressive, self policing traffic management

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by Fabian, Oct 12, 2013.

1. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

I should be in Vietnam in December and i can't wait to drive in peak hour traffic; actually it's the main reason why i want to go to Vietnam; to experience a place where Western motoring rules are thrown out the window.
    Driving in the thick of Thailand's traffic was intense and so much fun, but i've been reliably told that Vietnam takes it to the next level :grin5:

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 15, 2015

2. Dankoozy

Dankoozy Member

Was just waiting for the bang but it never happened.
  3. bahramu

bahramu Member

That is soo COOL!
  4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

@ Dankoozy

I said the same thing when riding in a Tuk-tuk in Bangkok, yet the bang/s never happened; not even once, despite a complete disregard for the road rules by the locals.
    That's when i said to myself - i've got to get out there to test the waters for myself and verify the propaganda spewed out by the lower eastern Australian department of motor vehicles authority, whose daily media placement keeps telling me that i need traffic tickets and licence demerit points and all manner of sneaky police speed traps to keep me safe, otherwise i would die the instant i drove 1 mile per hour over the speed limit.

I came away from the experience feeling a significantly greater level of road safety (driving on the roads) in Thailand (with the general population disobeying every single damn road rule) than i do driving on Australian roads with massive over abundance of ridiculously excessive traffic laws and regulations.

Vietnam - i can't wait to let myself loose on the roads in peak hour traffic - bring it on :devilish:
  5. bahramu

bahramu Member

Fabian, what will you be riding in Vietnam?
  6. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Yes i will (just like i rode a scooter in crazy Thailand traffic; loving every minute of it), and i can't wait for the Vietnam riding experience.
    A friend of mine who travels internationally on a regular basis said that i would die (become roadkill) if trying to ride in peak hour traffic in Thailand, and expressly warned me not to do it. I can say that he was "wrong" and it was the most fun i've ever had; being a bit like a fusion combination of American WWE wrestling and motorcycling - you've got to take no prisoners and just fight, fight and fight some more; inching your way forward without fear of hesitation.