impromptu tail box

Discussion in 'Photos & Bicycle Builds' started by recumbentbill, Apr 9, 2011.

1. made from Tidy Cats litter container. Old method of tying my tool pouch to the luggage rack got to be a pain especially when the previous tool kit fell off .
    Made it in 20min and painted it black I even put my motoredBikes.com stickers on it :tt1:

Attached Files:

2. ibdennyak

ibdennyak Guest

Say, that looks good. What does your cat think of it? :grin5:

3. kitty thinking

Well Miss Katrina thinks that since i painted the box black it might be OK or Whatever.

Attached Files:

4. wheelbender6

wheelbender6 Well-Known Member

Using a tail box made of resin or plastic was a good call because it absorbs vibration.
    I made a tail box from a small steel tool box that fit very well on the cargo rack. However, the tools inside it rattled like crazy. It was near impossible to keep the fastening bolts tight and secure, even with loctite. It was a good looking tail box, but not worth the associated hassle.

5. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

That's good.

A useful accessory made with easily obtainable materials that would have gone in the trash otherwise.

He scores!!

And, just for fun, here's a photo of one of our cats inspecting one of my builds.

Attached Files:

6. graucho

graucho Active Member

Great thinking Bill. Enough extra room for lunch and a few sodas.

Last edited: Apr 16, 2011
  7. Htown

Htown Member

Well have a big hunter named Mavis and he would like to meet Katrina behind the Tiki Hut. Yet another American Black Cat.

8. modified tail box

Thanks everybody for the nice feed back. I carry my tools in a zip up canvas type of bag. Very little noise comes from the tail box. My leg would hit the box when dismounting so I modified box. I cut the box in two sections .Now i have saddle boxes that look and work pretty good . The new mod also has room to mount my bike pump. Kind of rough looking at the moment but I have more tidy cat buckets to use for updates. So far the boxes have a couple of hundred trouble free miles on them .

Attached Files: