Improving MBc's Web Visibility

E

etheric

I started to read a bit into Google's technology and how to improve rankings, but didn't go too deep.
Anyone know what we could do to help improve this sites visability?
What about adding ourselves as an "external link" on Wikipedia's "motorized bicycles" page?
Where else could we strategically place links?

dont we have one on wikipedia's page already?

Yeah, the more places on the web that have links to us, the better. I have already done some technical mods that help our site get crawled better.

I looked quickly, but didn't see one under that listing.
What tech mods did you do, just out of curiosity?

I don't know how hard this is to do but on this teardrop trailer site they have what they call the "hall of fame" in the upper left hand corner . It is pictures of the members trailers that change every time that you go to a different page . This would be a great way to show off our bikes without the voting for the "Bike of the Month" .

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/

D.J.

Man, what a small world...I'm SteveH on T&TTT, and Tirebiter is there too. Some common interests I guess.

Hi Steve

If more people from this site visited the teardrop site we would have some pretty cool little trailers running around . I am not surprised that there is overlap there are many talented and creative individuals on both sites . Having many creative outlets is good for everyone ......D.J.

http://www.mikenchell.com/forums/

I am on the teardrop site also, that what got me over here. I wanted some wheels to ride around when I am camping and not use my big gas hog. The motor bike idea was perfect, it was light, easy to haul and fun to ride.

etheric said:
I looked quickly, but didn't see one under that listing.
What tech mods did you do, just out of curiosity?

Remove guest session ID so that the content would be indexed better. Also screwed around with Wordtracker and keywords and metatags.

Yea, I Stumbled the place. I'll work on adding a review. You might try Digg or delicious for more social bookmarking - if you hit the front page of Digg your basically guaranteed to be the talk of the net for a week.

I threw in a link on the Wiki, I don't know if it will last though - someone might consider it advertising, but I think I got the wording alright - view it here.

One of the best ways to get up on Google's search pages is external links. If you took that pic at the top and turned it into a link and pasted it all over the web you'd probably get more hits (signature areas on other forums work great for this). You might try starting up a web ring of sorts, too. Like getting that rikinbili site or thatsdax to post a link here and vice versa.

I'll see what other stuff I can dig up. A lot of it is just networking out with other websites or buy advertising space with google (not cheap though, a site I frequent with a top hit spot on google pays something like 2,000US a year for it).

On a side note, your text at the top of the page for going back to the general discussion and forum index needs to be changed, it comes out on my screen as the same color as the background; it might be the visited text color that's doing it, cause the forum topics come out fine.

Back