In frame tank Felt (gasbike) vs skyhawk frame

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sitherus

Local time
7:58 AM
Hi everyone I would love some help deciding on a frame.
this is what I'm having trouble deciding. There are two frame designs (that aren't chopper).One is upright, round, and and has a more narrow wheel base. The other is more low (in my opinion more aggressive), square, and has a more stretched wheel base. They both, depending on how you build them, can look amazing. However they both have their pros and cons, for instance:

The felt style bike has a more low, square look with what I presume is a smaller gas tank which has welds mid frame rather than swooping back to the seat like the other. It has a built in kick stand with no place to mount a prop-stand.
1st+pic+silvercafe+dm.jpg

The SkyHawk frame has a more round upright feel to it. The whole thing is more forward, and the gas tank is swooped back all the way to the seat post. It does not have a built in kick stand and can use any third party kick stand for any bike.
bc0d6f7cad76d359c4b471903e778d87.jpg

(Don't be fooled here in this pic. The bike is leaned forward by the prop-stand.)

I need help deciding on which to get.
Also how hard is it to patch holes in the dummy gas tanks. They sell them but never describe where the holes are or how to patch them.

Come on anyone. Pros? Cons? Something to break the tie. Something I don't know.

Come on anyone. Pros? Cons? Something to break the tie. Something I don't know.
Actual geometry (in numbers) would be interesting to see! :D I have never seen the geometry of either frame posted on the forum. Without a standard fork though, wouldn't be possible. :oops:
In a hobby this small someone at the companies making them should read this and reply, but I bet they won't! :rolleyes:

Actual geometry (in numbers) would be interesting to see! :D I have never seen the geometry of either frame posted on the forum. Without a standard fork though, wouldn't be possible. :oops:
In a hobby this small someone at the companies making them should read this and reply, but I bet they won't! :rolleyes:
Thats why I hope someone who has more money than me has built on both frames.

Seems someone took graphical design. You can do searches for either build in this and the other forums. I know for certain the skyhawk frame has tons of reviews and build threads. Also think its the frame kcvale uses for his fancy builds. The felt is less used because of price and the fact that you still need to seal the tank and tap it for a gascap, but I've seen build threads on those as well. I like the looks of the felt v12 and 1903, looks like the original motorcycles. Plus I'm sure they are more sturdy bikes than the skyhawk, but wait for someone who has built on it to reply. Whichever you decide to build, make a build thread for it :D.

Seems someone took graphical design. You can do searches for either build in this and the other forums. I know for certain the skyhawk frame has tons of reviews and build threads. Also think its the frame kcvale uses for his fancy builds. The felt is less used because of price and the fact that you still need to seal the tank and tap it for a gascap, but I've seen build threads on those as well. I like the looks of the felt v12 and 1903, looks like the original motorcycles. Plus I'm sure they are more sturdy bikes than the skyhawk, but wait for someone who has built on it to reply. Whichever you decide to build, make a build thread for it :D.

2 things. I have never had any schooling in graphical design. I have had training in autocad though. Anyways do you know where I could get a gascap thread tap? I also am interested in the bikes you mentioned I will look into them.

I have built 3 on skyhawk frames. Love the way they look, but don't like the way they handle. Probably something you could get used to. The people who are now riding them love them. Have not used the felt type yet, but have rode one and liked is. I'm thinking of getting one of the felt type frames from kings motorbikes. Waiting

for them to let me know weather or not it will accept a 135 mm rear hub. They are alum. and tanks are sealed cost 149.00.

I have built 3 on skyhawk frames. Love the way they look, but don't like the way they handle. Probably something you could get used to. The people who are now riding them love them. Have not used the felt type yet, but have rode one and liked is. I'm thinking of getting one of the felt type frames from kings motorbikes. Waiting

for them to let me know weather or not it will accept a 135 mm rear hub. They are alum. and tanks are sealed cost 149.00.
does the one shown in the picture handle badly? which way makes it rough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back