In other news

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by uncle_punk13, May 14, 2009.

1. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

So in other news, I just picked up this project from my best bud- We had many great adventures in this beast, and when he moved away for work ten years ago he just parked it and it sat... I'm gonna have me some FUN!!!

Attached Files:

2. beast775

beast775 Guest

blast from the past

lemmee guess 350 buick motor? good lines on those years.i remember it well.

3. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

That's the very first of the fastback Firebirds/Camaros, isn't it? Maybe a '69 1/2 or '70?

I didn't really like them very much back then, but they've grown on me since.

My very first car was a '68 Firebird. It was the same color (though one of your photos looks a slight bit different. But I'll bet that's the photo, rather than the car)

I miss that car and I also miss that color. It was a good one.

All of the big three, and others, have built some very good looking cars over the years.
    But car for car, no one has beat GM for one beauty after another. (At least not in the 60s and 70s)

PS: I wouldn't mind a better look at that 66, 67 Bonnevile/Catalina in the background. those were pretty sweet, too.

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  4. uncle_punk13

uncle_punk13 Guest

Well, I've been a mopar man after selling my first car in 1987 ('65 Impala 2-door H.T. non SS)- I don't disagree that all three had beautiful, powerful cars, but I like the Barracudas and Chargers the best. Still this car and I have history, and my bud knows I'll take care of her. The thing is I can't find parts for Mopars as easily anymore, and they've never been inexpensive- GM cars have so much aftermarket availability, and reasonably priced parts, that it will be a nice relief from the frustrations of doing Off-Beat, and orphan makes.
    And she's a gorgeous lil' thang to boot!!!
    P.S. the car in the background is a '64/65 GTO... ;-)

5. stude13

stude13 Active Member

hi punk; great looking car. i just got a 69 wildcat/360hp/475ft.lbs, for 300 bucks. it is going into 64 stude rat rod flat bed. anyway i think the guy has about anything you might need, cheap. hes in issaquah. ive got his no. if you want it. good luck. mitch

6. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

looks like it would not take much to cherry that thing out
    I have been watching the older car auctions from time to time lately

that THING may be worth a fortune
    but who would want to sell it ?? not me !!

I remember when we could buy almost all of those we wanted running good for less than a grand

some refer to them as the good old days

we like those older made well THINGS

7. Waterfowl

Waterfowl MBc-Sponsor

A good friend of mine had 70' Firebird in high school. Needless to say he drove the wheels of it!