Inboard/outboard canoe

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by 2stroker, Jun 13, 2012.

1. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I took a 26cc homelite engine and put a rc boat prop on it. The engine sits in the middle of the canoe and shaft runs down the middle to a tunnel haul that i fiberglassed and it goes as fast as a 40pound thrust trolling motor pushes it!! I made an exhaust for it that lets out the back under the water. Its set up so the water can't go back up the pipe and into the engine. Its a cool design. I will post some pics when i get a camera!! i call it the water bug!

2. SimpleSimon

SimpleSimon Active Member

I'd like to see that. My youngest son is into small watercraft and would probably love it

3. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

Im gonna get pics tommorow your gonna flip out! Its cool. I couldn't believe how fast i was going with a small r/c boat prop. The prop was made for a 25cc engine so it works perfectly.

4. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

Photos - lets see the photos!!!

5. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

Its pouring down rain once again!! Soon as it stops guys!! Your gonna flip!!

6. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I cant them to load. The file is to big. Send me your email and i will send you the pics!!

7. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

Here we go

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  8. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

054 (640x480).jpg 055 (640x480).jpg 056 (640x480).jpg 057 (640x480).jpg 058 (640x480) (2).jpg 058 (640x480) (640x480).jpg 058 (640x480).jpg 059 (640x480).jpg 060 (640x480).jpg

Last edited: Jun 14, 2012
  9. Fabian

Fabian Well-Known Member

That's an interesting project. Might have proven to be of lower cost than a small 2 or 3 horsepower outboard.

10. graucho

graucho Active Member

I agree, interesting. I like the weed guard underneath also. Also looks like you could do a quick weed whip engine swap if needed. Thanks for sharing.

11. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

Its easy to swap out the engines. I haven't had to yet. But its been reliable. I got fossil hunting in it and I go indian artifact hunting. I got all kinds of arrow heads and spears. Boxes of indian pottery. A fossilized extinct dugon(manatee) I have most the skeleton and parts of the skull! But i gotta bunch of stuff i find. I go out on the st.johns river when its really low and find all kinds of stuff. the springs here in florida are loaded with fossils and artifacts! The canoe has been alot of fun! Im in the process of putting a 30cc on my 14ft canoe.

12. 2stroker

2stroker Banned

I have a 3 horse johnson but i dont use it because my canoe will run in 5in of water with my weedeater and the 3 horse takes a foot. It works good though. I find all kinds of stuff in it!