Increasingly common?

Hajuu

Local time
12:02 PM
Hey guys,

I'm from Perth, Australia, as you all know.. And over the last few months i've been seeing really huge increases in the number of motored bikes on the streets!

Like so much so that I sometimes see 3 per day just on my way to and from work, or at work (I work at a petrol station currently).

Anyone seeing the same thing, especially recently? I'm just kind of shocked because until now its been rare that I even see 1 per week.

Hajuu.

Are you talking about gas or electric? I thought that there was a big crackdown on motor bikes going on in Australia?

No, James, there's no real crackdown on petrol/gas powered MBs. In NSW, at least, anything over 200W is illegal without registration etc, in either electric, internal combustion or hybrid, but they don't tend to enforce it.
I've been seen by many cops, including riding through a 'Random Breath Test' setup and they've never stopped me.
It depends, I think, on how you ride and possibly on age. They like stopping kids on these bikes, it seems.

I've only seen one other MB here lately and he passes regularly, on a 4-stroke rack-mount. Not sure what type of engine.

... Steve

Last edited:
I saw at least one per week when I lived in the Phoenix area. I have yet to see one in the Houston area, electric or otherwise.

Just since Christmas, there have been three other motored bikes within a one mile area of my house. Plus, theres another just outside of that area. We go riding fairly often past each other's houses and we get together on occasion to work on each other's bikes. It's a good situation right now.

No, James, there's no real crackdown on petrol/gas powered MBs. In NSW, at least, anything over 200W is illegal without registration etc, in either electric, internal combustion or hybrid, but they don't tend to enforce it.
I've been seen by many cops, including riding through a 'Random Breath Test' setup and they've never stopped me.
It depends, I think, on how you ride and possibly on age. They like stopping kids on these bikes, it seems.

I've only seen one other MB here lately and he passes regularly, on a 4-stroke rack-mount. Not sure what type of engine.

... Steve
Steve,
Glad to hear that! Haven't seen even one MB in my area in two years. I live in a pretty built up area. I try to ride in a safe manner both for myself and others. I think the police generaly have better things to do if your not acting like a jerk.
I save the fun stuff for away from the bilt up areas.

Back