indian inspired boardtrack racer. first build

hello boys and girls. new to the board (see attached intro)

i just recently took my first motorized bicycle for its maiden voyage.
i picked up a kit for $80 (canadian) and the bike started life as an old girls ross compact.
IMG_1743-1.jpg

we did some frame modifications and i've started a stainless tank (still to be completed)
IMG_0720-1.jpg

this is a small bike (COMPACT FRAME) 24" wheels.
i've replaced the throttle with a standard brake lever.

i mounted the stock tank to get it running, but i'll finish the inframe tank soon enough.

anyway, not sure on the rules about vid's
but heres a vid (hosted on photobucket) of the little indians first ride. (feel free to remove it if i'm breakin the rules)
didn't want to beat on her too much till i work out all the bug's

i'd love to here your comments and suggestions.
leigh

Last edited:
that's exactly what i was looking for.

indiain't, cause it ain't no indian!
thank you very much, its perfect!

Metal Shop

Hey Icy..I dont want to distract from your great thread and bike build but that skull my son might put on his chopper is heavy metal (excuse the pun). I bought it in Bali $18 AU and the maker posts all over the world for not much. I have put a photo of his shop and address in case you want to write to him for an order...but..dont spoil that classic Indian look..great bike..youre an artist..Eno (Oz)

Attachments

• tn_METAL MAKER.JPG
    tn_METAL MAKER.JPG
    427.5 KB · Views: 734
  • tn_METAL MAKER 2.JPG
    tn_METAL MAKER 2.JPG
    482.5 KB · Views: 703
Logo / Sticker

Hey ICY..ENO (Oz)..you know you can get a lot of metal metal buckles with bike logos like "Harley Davidson" / "Indian"..seen them in Bali where I bought the Harley one..Just filed of the stud and clip and put them on the bike..they look original as they are copies of the real thing..Put a pic (not that big) of the Harley one we put on our OCC..there are are some belt buckle sites in the USA with all the gear..Mind you in Bali I paid about $5AU each..bit dearer in Oz and USA...Anyway getting some good hits with guys dribbling over your ride..See ya Eno

Attachments

• tn-TANK LOGO.JPG
    tn-TANK LOGO.JPG
    309.4 KB · Views: 724
Last edited:
Very cool bike, especially for the price. Sometimes that's more fun than throwing money at a project.

Did you make the tank or buy one somewhere. I'd like to see how one is made.
Wayne

Hey ICY..ENO (Oz)..you know you can get a lot of metal metal buckles with bike logos like "Harley Davidson" / "Indian"..seen them in Bali where I bought the Harley one..Just filed of the stud and clip and put them on the bike..they look original as they are copies of the real thing..Put a pic (not that big) of the Harley one we put on our OCC..there are are some belt buckle sites in the USA with all the gear..Mind you in Bali I paid about $5AU each..bit dearer in Oz and USA...Anyway getting some good hits with guys dribbling over your ride..See ya Eno

A Chinese Harley.....
Ummmmm.... oooookaayy.

Still, it does look better now :D

Very cool bike, especially for the price. Sometimes that's more fun than throwing money at a project.

Did you make the tank or buy one somewhere. I'd like to see how one is made.
Wayne

the tank was a $50 piece of stainless pipe.
these are the best pic's i have showing how i cut the pipe to form the tank.
IMG_1826.jpg

IMG_1834.jpg

Back