Inexpensive but comfortable bicycle for 2 stroke motor?

HEY, just occured to me. What do you folks do about breaks once you put the clutch on one handle? Is there a way to make one handle operate both breaks?

wow great~! Thanks. I hate it when people post "you need to search before asking." But it really really helps when you put the direct link there. I only read a few posts and already learned a few things.
For one thing, I need to find out what kind of breaks that bike I want has. Cant' tell from the picture, it states "linear pull" Cant' tell from the picture but it looks like the right kind. And it seems that spookytooth site will be the place to go for parts. Gosh I wish I could afford to just buy one of their bikes all ready to ride. Not in the cards though. One thing at a time.

linear pull= brake pad levers stick straight up, cable jacket ends at one, cable at the other, cable pulls the two together. Real popular now.

From Wal-Mart, the Kulana Moondog is a good choice for around $106.

For around $160 a much better bike would be the Schwinn Point Beach from WM. (It's worth the extra money).

Don't even think about the single speed Huffy Cruiser. I built one for a friend. It was a difficult install and he's had a lot of problems with the bike itself. Just broke a chain yesterday! (I'll never ty another coaster brake bike.)

I'm 6'3"

I'm 6'3" myself. Any bike you get you will need 5" rise handle bars and a long seat post.
Search for "Pyramid Mountain Bike Riser Handlebar, 5" Rise, Alloy, Black" at Amazon $15.28. I got the my aluminum seat post at my local bike shop Goodall's for $11.
Avoid the "Next" bikes

Last edited:
From Wal-Mart,
For around $160 a much better bike would be the Schwinn Point Beach from WM. (It's worth the extra money).

Hey! This is the very bike I want to get! Walmart had it in stock last weekend, so I got to look at it close up. (Didn't sit on it, never EVER anyone to be found to help there. And of course it was up on the high rack. I hate walmart!)

Well I WILL probably want to get a suspension fork, probably will want to raise the seat, mainly I wanted to look at the breaks. What I read so far, I think these are ok. The side pull thing. I read somewhere that is what can be converted to single break handle. Not the center pull. (I'll cross that bridge when I come to it.)

What I was really disappointed by were the wheel rims. Thin aluminum. Gees, why make an old style bike, and not use the old steal rims that used to come on them??? I think the bike alone is going to run into some bucks. Bike, fork, possibly seat post, redo breaks, and possibly maybe new rims? (or wait till I bash the aluminum ones, then get rims.)

I'll be lucky if I get the bike half of this equation this year, work on the motor next. But yea, this is the one I picked.
Agh, I wish there were jobs for dandy artists around here!
Freelancing blows.

Good choice going with the Schwinn.
My Advise, (for what it's worth):
1) Get the bike running first before blowing your mind (and money) on modifications. The point beach was a relatively easy install and has provided me with a very smooth and virtually trouble free ride. I did put a dual brake lever on mine ($15 at the local bike shop).
2) Before attempting to install the motor, double check everything. Set your brakes and check every nut and bolt on the bike to make sure they are not too loose or too tight. (Wal-mart assemblers typically just put bikes together well enough for display purposes. Not road ready).

Good luck and happy motorin' :)

Huffy Re-bike. They don't sell them any more, but you might be able to find a used one. That's what I'm going to use. The advantages, solid square steel frame, steel wheels, large recumbent seat with backrest, low center of gravity, upright seating position, very comfy. Disadvantages, 40 lbs, 16" front wheel, low quality components.
http://www.cty-net.ne.jp/~hsmk/img/canoe/transport/rebike1.JPG

After Christmas, go to Walmart and get the 24 inch Huffy single-speed cruiser for eighty bucks. Where I live, they always park the clearance bikes outside the garden center. Some are as low as fifty bucks.

Back