CVT Infinity Driveâ„¢ CVT

I give it week after its starts being sold before someone will find a way to make it work on a motorized bicycle on the crank or they will weld it somewhere else to make it work.

And a week is being pessimistic.

this is exciting news I can't wait to hear more news on this :)

Not saying it's impossible. Just that it may be tricky.

For instance, you should be able to add an SBC jackshaft to it. However, since the CVT is inside the crank, this means that the chain ring is after the CVT, so from motor-rear wheel (using an SBC jackshaft) would be a single ratio (you wouldn't be going through the CVT)

I don't see a real problem with using an SBP style jackshaft with this, depending on how the crank/drive ring for the pedal system operates. Given that the gearing is internal to the BB, it would seem to me that the pedal chain sprocket pretty much MUST be mounted concentric to the crank proper.

So, a fixed sprocket on an extended length crank driven from your jackshaft should be doable - just put the freewheel on the output side sprocket of the jackshaft. Or heck, maybe a secondary drive sprocket on the left side and use a freewheel capable sprocket. I'm darned sure it can be done - it's mostly a matter of how muck of a pain in the keister will it be?

Imho, I Think Just "drive Or Power" The Bottom Bracket Spindle (shaft) With The Motor Power. The Bicycle Bottom Bracket "sprocket Is Driven By The Internal Cvt. I Think (just Guessing) The Bottom Bracket Shaft Drives The Internal Cvt To The Large Sprocket And Then The Rear Wheel. Either Pedal Crank Could Be Modified To Accept A Free Wheel Adapter For The Engine Powered Sprocket To Get Proper Final Ratio. It May Be As Simple As Installing A Spb Free Wheel Adapter Crank. The Bb Cvt Large Sprocket Is Driven Internally And Not By The Crank. They May Be Using Standard Cranks!! That Would Sure Make It Easy!! A Jack Shaft Kit Would Not Be Used. I Had Not Heard Of This Cvt System Till A Half Hour Ago. Again, I Am Just Surmising!! Ron

Picket

Thanks for bumping this thread. New news would be nice.

Good Question! They Don`t Give Much Info.

Looking At It Again, Still Think It Would Be Easy And A Cool Set-up.

Imo The Pedal Shaft Drives The Inner Part Of The Cvt And The Cvt Drives The Sprocket.

Would Just Need A Left Hand Thread Pedal Crank, On The Left With Proper Size Sprocket. Run Chain From The "happy"happy To The Freewheel Sprocket On The Left. The Happy Time Is Already 4.1:1. Gear Reduction For Happy Time Is Internal.

A Jackshaft Would Not Be Needed Imo, Just By Looking At The Picture.
I Don`t Think The Pedal Shaft Could Be Changed, Am Thinking It Is A Special Shaft.

If This Hits The Market, Someone Will Market A Left Hand Thread Pedal Crank For The Left Side. Imo.

Am Thinking That The Current Right Side Freewheel Crank Will Bolt On.

They Keep Inventing New Way`s To Get Our Dollars!! Lol

Oh Oh, That Is A Special Frame. May Have To Buy A Whole "pricycle" !!

Hope I`m Not Offending Anybody. It Is A Exciting Product. Ron

Last edited:
haha so true. i dont mind anyone wanting to take my money just so long as they have unintentionally read my mind and created a product that fulfills all of my dreams and fantisies within my own means! There are just soo many options in the world today that it seems that innovation sometimes gets pushed aside for old, cheap, just good enough tech, i.e. belt driven cvt's...

oh how great a world it "could" be

Picket

I Thought Cvt Meant Belt Drive! But Apparently Cvt Means Constant Velocity Transmission. Some With Belt And Some Without.

Imo I Doubt There Is Any Belt In This Bottom Bracket. I Have 2 Cvt Belt Drive Build`s And Am Impressed With Them Function Wise And For Their Smoothness,

It Would Be Cool To Read More About This New Prototype. Ron

Back