Infromation to all my Fellow Motorbikers

fazratz

Local time
2:00 PM
Ok I jus thought I would pass on a little infro to everyone about something I've found out. I happen to be a small engine mechanic where I work on stuff like Briggs v-twins. I've been wanting to build my own Motorcycle using a Briggs v-twin like Ridley does. Was talking with my Boss and I pulled up the Ridley site to show him that it was nothing more then a pretty Briggs motor on that 14,000 dollar machine when I noticed that they are selling a engine kit just like our little china motors.Only thing different on it is that they are having someone machine the word Ridley on the clutch cover. They are selling it as their own and it starts at 599.99 for the same little kit I paided 189.00 for! I really think that if I'm going to pay 14,000 it will be a new Harley not a Lawn mower on 2 wheels!!

Fazratz,
Dude....thats my ultimate project. A full bore bobber using a 20-22 HP V-Twin and a Comet Torque-Avertor. Yessir....thats my baby!:devilish:

When I lived in Elpaso My Boss had a Ridley on 12 inch wheels and it peeked at 95, t depends on your gearing also.

I'd love to put a semi-recumbent tadpole together, 22" inchers all around (LA law says max 22" wheels on a motorcycle, which this would be) dualie rear wheels with a cogged belt sprocket between the wheels, shock outboard each side of the rear assembly(just forward of the wheels). Put the engine/CVT as close to the back wheels as I could get it, make the entire rear assembly pivotable through a max of say, 40 degrees each way, and make the front suspension matched parallelogram double A-frame with internal shocks. Set up the seat at axle height - 11 inches.

Voila, tadpole leaner with power to burn and the traction to use it. One of those Briggs V-twins would be perfect. Make it about 3 feet wide by six feet long on the wheelbase, cowling for the front end with a windscreen, and you'd have a heck of a nice cruising machine.

DO IT!!! Monster big block engine on a Motorcycle!!! 23HP!!! OMG!

And I thought 6.5HP was too fast for a bicycle, hehehehe. 23HP would be wicked!

And be sure to post pics of that beast!

Last edited:
A lot of guys take those 18hp vanguards and stick them on the old cushman scooters. Supposedly will do 70mph and keep up with traffic no problem using the Comet 40 series torque converters. I would love to build on myself one day...

ok so nice mounts

mounts to me are not worth 400.00 and let me tell you my centex cruiser is as nice a frame as any around. and as for the motor being better it will be when pigs fly!!!! that ridley clutch cover is not worth that much money. i work with argos, snowmobiles, and about anything you could think about i deal with all kinds of clutch systems i know what im talking about so i know a screwing when i see one thank you very much!!!!!

Back