Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Had stitches.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Totaled my bike.

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • I ended up in the hospital.

Votes: 22 23.2%

• Total voters
A little over a week ago, I took a turn a tad too fast... My bike lost lateral traction and I low-sided. My pants got a good hole in the knee, but the long johns I was wearing underneath (it was **** cold that night!) were unscathed. They did give my knee a pretty nasty rug burn (still getting a bit of pus out of it, a week later).

My hip also hit the ground pretty hard... It still hurts when I move wrong. In fact, I half-suspect that I've been walking on a minor hairline fracture this last week (it's a duller, deeper pain than muscle normally gives)... Nothing time and aspirin can't fix though.

Cheers,
Wolfe.

I fell a few times on non motored setups. The worst was when I was 10, but I don't remember much except being driven home all bloody by a good samaritan. When I was 26 my right hand slipped off the handlebar when I was going about 8 mph and I fell hard on my right foot. My right ankle is still angled funny - when I lay down the right one falls over further than the left one. I am too cautious on my motored bike to get injured - *knock wood*

I had a pretty gruesome injury when I was 15 and racing supercross. I was out doing some laps while they were doing minor track work. I came over this tabletop jump just as a tractor was swinging through the backside of it to drop off a load of dirt, and I hit the tractor doing 70 miles an hour. I broke both my femurs in six places - one a compound fracture - broke my shin, broke my wrist, almost bled to death. That was a good one but my list is 39 broken bones,5 concussions, 13 steal and titainum rods 6 fusion plates and all dental implants to date

Gnarly! Why did they let you on the track when they were doing tractor work? I have never raced anywhere they would do that. You must have been a pretty fast rider to get up to 70mph on a supercross track.

Dan

I was not to be on the track at that time , I was on my YZ 250 at that time and you know that bike toped out in 3rd @ 70ish,besides I was tring to impress some friends, Bob (Hurricane) Hannah I was not

Attachments

• hannah1_s.jpg
    hannah1_s.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 267
Boo Boos

Where do I start?...lol. I guess the first one I remember was on my honda trail 70, (CT70H), at the age of 13 when I was climbing a fairly rough hill with the ruts, and tree roots running at an angle, etc. I knew that I would have to get up some good speed before hitting the hill, and I did....In fact I got too much speed to handle the little bike, and hit a rut, which caused my right foot to slip off the foot peg, and down in front of the rear brake pedal. My toe caught something on the ground, and the brake pedal buried itself about two inches into the back of my right leg...ouch. Took that one a while to heal up. Or the time I climed a tree on a YZ125 yamaha....cracked the 7th vertebrae in my neck. OUCH!!!!. Or when I was on that 500 Suzuki, and hit some oil on the road....down she went, but somehow I got my left ankle between the left exaust pipe, and the pavement...after zipping about 30 yrds down the road, I noticed that the pavement took about 3/8" of bone off my left ankle. That one took a while to heal too....in fact it wasn't even healed all the way when I passed the Army physical exam and went through 8 weeks of basic training while it healed the rest of the way...lol. (How the doctors missed that one, I'll never know..he he). Miraculously, I made it through two 3 year tours in Germany, riding like a madman on my Honda VF1100 Custom, (same as a V65 Magna in this country), and my KZ 1300 A4 Kawasaki...without so much as a scratch. I used to love the Autobahn at 160 mph...lol. I got out of the Army in '86, shipped my Kaw, and after replacing all the fluids, and the battery, I took my first ride, pulled up to a red traffic light at a busy intersection, heard tires squealing, and got ran over, from behind, while stopped at the light, and lost my left leg just below the knee, (luckily it was the leg with the messed up ankle from the previous spill..lol). I was fortunate that the driver had the minimum amount of insurance, and at least my hospital bills were covered, and a few grand left. Since then, the only thing I've ridden with 2 wheels is a bicycle. NO SPILLS YET!! knock on wood.

Last edited by a moderator:
my worst crash was hitting a curb at 20mph and all i did was scrape my knee and elbow, i was a little dazed after that...i was looking at a billboard lol i kinda dented my chrome tank though so that was the worst part of it

i got a funny story about an old person driving. 11pm. Im comming back from a buddy's houce, going home driving on a long strait road that goes through a cornfeild. I can see about a mile ahead of me. At an intersection i cna see a car stop in the middle than pull backwards, than head for me in my lane. Im going 60. Make long story short i had to go off the road through a ditch, and the only glimpse i caut of the driver is that she was an 80 or 90 something year old lady driving a ford taurus. I dont think she saw me or the fact that she was in another lane

Twas a week before Christmas (last year)
Short version : Crashed
: car involved
: 7 fractures in my hands and wrists
: so much for catching my fall:???:
: both arms casted from the knuckles up 9 weeks
: still require surgery to fix a couple fingers
: wife catches me riding around in the snow in january
: still had both casts on
: tongue lashin that day was worse than the accident:eek:

Attachments

• 57_Picture_209_1.jpg
    57_Picture_209_1.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 262
Twas a week before Christmas (last year)
Short version : Crashed
: car involved
: 7 fractures in my hands and wrists
: so much for catching my fall:???:
: both arms casted from the knuckles up 9 weeks
: still require surgery to fix a couple fingers
: wife catches me riding around in the snow in january
: still had both casts on
: tongue lashin that day was worse than the accident:eek:

Hmm .. lets see .. you get plastered all over the front of a late model EEK body chrysler... and then you go trundling around on your bike with the casts still on and get caught by the other half...

at least she left you alive - and judged on that basis you are doing well. If a partner of mine did that and I saw them I think I would probably need half a swat team to hold me back too lol...

How has the recovery gone, is everything working ok? apart from the wife-induced tinnitus :D

Jemma xx

Back