Votes: 13 13.7%
  • Had stitches.

Votes: 20 21.1%
  • Totaled my bike.

Votes: 14 14.7%
  • I ended up in the hospital.

Votes: 22 23.2%

• Total voters
Last Sunday on my way to work rollin along about 17mph a car suddenly pulled in front of me and turned right. I slammed on my brakes but not in time! In almost slowmotion I came to a halt and bumped into the right side of his truck. I wobbled and went down, slowly. (My bike is too big for me-the fall was a balance issue more than anything) Luckily my arm took the hit and not my bike and I just have a bruise. I yelled at the blind idiot and he appologized. I think he thought I was dead. Someone called 911 but I yelled that I was not hurt and then I fled the scene. Didnt want to be accused by Tucson PD of speeding and risk getting a ticket even though I was only going 17mph in a bike lane. I have rainbow light up spoke lights, a bright headlight and flashing tail light and he still didnt see me. I wear a bright yellow jacket and bright rainbow helmet
I am afraid of car drivers. The just dont see us.

I was riding through a park and a patch of dirt had a whole bunch of little pebbles...I took the slightest of turns, and lost traction. I just had a few scratches and some ripped jeans. It knocked sense into me though, reminded me that even going about 10 mph the impact is very substantial.

The only time I got injured on a bike was when I was using cycling shoes that had the things on the bottom of the cleats that secured your foot to the pedal. I was coming to stops a few times and didn't get the shoe out of the pedal in time and fell with my bike on top of me. I gave up using them type shoes.

Unfortunately i performed a bad weld on my first chopper frame and the down-tube separated from the crank-tube. Landed flat on me arse on an already damaged spine. Result was 6 weeks flat-out in bed. I studied welding after this lesson. lol

I got close to totaling an old mtb, i had about 100lbs of sunday newspapers in the back when my bikes deraillers locked up, going 20 downhill, i walked away with some cuts buch of bent stuff.
When i was 6 i went face first into a telaphone pole,
12 i had my junk 10 speed going downhill and this little kid who was racing me hit my front wheel, i bent his rear rim bad,i laid it down and slid probably about 15 feet, but those old schwinns are beasts only scratched it up!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am not smart and I'm not lucky but I do ride as courteous and safe as possible. I have not had an accident yet so no broken bones. I've been riding motored bikes and motorcycles since the late 40's. My dad, born in 1880, once told me "Use a bit of common sense and make your own luck".

I've been really lucky and not been injured on my bike but just last month I broke 7 bones in my wrist at work when it got crushed under a piece of 3 inch steel plate:eek: I'm still in the *#$@ing cast and it's driving me crazy, cant wait till they take it off and I can get back on the road.:D

Last year, months before I made it to this forum, I bunny hopped over a curb & landed on a huge pile of tiny pebbles I didn't see until too late. I hopped it at an angle because I'd done it several times before at other places.

Anyway, my wheels hit the pebbles at an angle which caused my front wheel to turn perpendicular with the frame & I flipped over the handlebars, screaming "OH SHIZ!" My friends were right in front of me and saw my face pull for a couple feet across the roughest tar pavement I've ever seen. I had to get stitches for my upper lip. I still have that scar & one more on my chin. I would have also lost my two front teeth if there wasn't a huge gap between them. I don't have that gap anymore, however.

And I still can't seem to bring myself to wearing a helmet. I also don't deny that I'm pretty st00pit when it comes to using my head.

Gentlemen, check your front fenders! hehe,
I was going over a raised railroad track when my front fender decided it like my front tire much better than it's mounted location and tried to be friends with it. The result was a wheel that was similar to a pretzle. It wouldn't have been so bad but when this happened I just happened to be pointed downhill and the momentum carried me over the bars. Nothing much but a few light scrapes and the need to buy a new wheel.

My handle bars wiggled loose ,standard straght bar, slid rite to the left grip.wheel went to the left lane and Somehow I face planted my front wheel. Motored bike

Back