Insane Vibration

LabDude661

Local time
5:55 PM
I have been searching the forum for days now looking for an answer and forgive me if I missed a post that already discusses the issue. I got a 70cc HT from boygofast. Everything looks fine and runs fine except I have been getting insane amounts of vibration. I'm running a 44t sproket and I can only get to like 25 mph before the handlebars want to buzz out of my hands. The highest comfortable cruising speed I've gotten is about 21 mph. Was I just naive to belive that this thing would do 35 out of the box or is the vibration keeping me from going top speed? I really don't need to go much faster but it would be fun :D. I used an old innnertuber around the frame on the mounts and I loaded the handlebars with lead weights and I still can't break about 26 mph without pain from the vibration. I've seen a few little rubber engine mounts that might work but I wanted to know if anyone else is having this same problem. Everyone on here is talking about 35 40 mph and I'll just say it... I'm jealous!!! :yuck:

If you want 35-40 mph, consider a scooter. I have no problem hitting max rpms on my BGF engine without an vibration issues. Some bike frames and mount setups are more prone to vibration than others.

HI,

Assuming your engine is running properly (not missing etc....) and is securely/properly fastened to the frame, the best thing you can do to reduce vibrations and increase speed is to get a smaller rear sprocket....It'll kill 2 birds with 1 stone....Try it you'll like it! ;-)

Hope this helps.

Andrew

Is you bike an old Huffy by chance? I had a Huffy bike that vibrated like crazy and I blamed it on the engine. I swapped engines and didn't help one bit.

Nope it's a pretty sturdy mountain bike. I'm going to try putting big hunks of car tire on the mounting points to see if that helps. I've been seriously considering getting a smaller sprocket but I want to be sure that the problem won't still be there. I don't want to cut the chain and drop more money on the problem if it's just the bike.

my ht vibrates like crazy too, but i can get 40 plus out of it with the jack shaft and 6 gears. i dont have a tach but am a motorhead and i bet its turnnin 6000-6500 rpm maybe more. it runs smoother at the higher rpm for sure, if you can get the jetting right. by the way when i put my expanshion chamber on it smoothed out considerabley. hill climber

I was getting a bad vibration at about 30 k's so I cut a spark plug lead in to 1/4 inch lengths and jammed it in between the fins of the motor.Problem solved..... and it reduced the noise.This has been the best and cheapest mod I have done to my motor.

I still get plenty of vibration through my hands.

where do you pick up an expansion chamber, or is it a DIY mod?

it is a diy but works very well, probley doubled the power, its off a 85 suzuki rm 80, i moded the first 8-10 inches and a couple custum bends in the tail pipe before the silencer. sick bike parts has two different models for sale for the ht, one v frame type and a cruiser type. i found them in here just search expantion chamber. there is another guy selling pipes here. no coment on these. hill climber

My experience has been the faster I run the motor the smoother the ride. I'm on my second frame, a cheap walmart bike with front shocks and I mounted the motor with some tire rubber and it is a very nice ride compared to my first frame. If you want to go faster than 25MPH, definitely get a small sprocket. After running a 36T I'd never consider going back to 44T. I don't understand why they even sell 70cc motors with 44T. Mt 36T climbs hills just as well as the 44T did, if not better!

Back