Instant Bike Lane!

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Revorunner, Feb 26, 2009.

1. Revorunner

Revorunner Member

2. echotraveler

echotraveler Member

wow thats nice...

3. Revorunner

Revorunner Member

Interesting isn't it.:grin5::grin5:

4. I'll be watching for it!

5. bikebum1975

bikebum1975 Member

What a cool idea!!!

6. fetor56

fetor56 Guest

Can't agree....good to confuse/interest & later rubber-neck motorists with a laser pattern moving all over the road.Bad for cyclists cos it's all about intention & anticipation.
    To be fair though i'll wait till it's available & see what ppl say then.

7. Some good points fetor, might work well w/ dashboard on/off switch and "power" indicator (li'l light that tells you it's on). That way when your on a long stretch, off to the right, you can switch it on. If your in a more urban setting I think it would be unwise to be making lane changes and such; that it would be confusing to drivers. Something they are already overflowing with!:conehead:

8. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

It's a neat idea and the price is right.

Though there would be problems with cager confusion. firebelly's point about lane changes sent a chill down my spine.

But maybe if riders and cagers can learn how to use them properly, then they could be a good innovation.

9. Mountainman

Mountainman Active Member

major problems will be noted

may be alright only if used by responsible riders

and even with the responsible ones
    what if they forget to turn it off while drifting out into roadway

if this product does come out on the market
    guess is it won't be around very long before MAJOR problems are noted

ride the motor bike

10. Colorado passed a bike law recently adopting a 3 feet rule when you pass one in your car. Of course people don't follow it. I want to see tickets but I dunno.

11. bluegoatwoods

bluegoatwoods Well-Known Member

Illinois has a 3 foot law, too. but I've never known of anyone ticketed over it.

Still, the cagers (mostly) show me reasonable consideration. And when they pass me it usually is by a margin of three feet at least. It seems like mere inches, though.

And I've noticed that the more you make yourself visible, the more respect they show you. It could be that they're not really the spawn of the devil himself. That they just need a reminder to be careful.

(I know that we've been over this before. I figured I'd bring it up for the sake of the newbies who haven't given the matter a lot of thought yet.)