Instant Bike Lane!

Can't agree....good to confuse/interest & later rubber-neck motorists with a laser pattern moving all over the road.Bad for cyclists cos it's all about intention & anticipation.
To be fair though i'll wait till it's available & see what ppl say then.

Some good points fetor, might work well w/ dashboard on/off switch and "power" indicator (li'l light that tells you it's on). That way when your on a long stretch, off to the right, you can switch it on. If your in a more urban setting I think it would be unwise to be making lane changes and such; that it would be confusing to drivers. Something they are already overflowing with!

It's a neat idea and the price is right.

Though there would be problems with cager confusion. firebelly's point about lane changes sent a chill down my spine.

But maybe if riders and cagers can learn how to use them properly, then they could be a good innovation.

major problems will be noted

I think it would be unwise to be making lane changes and such; that it would be confusing to drivers. Something they are already overflowing with!

may be alright only if used by responsible riders

and even with the responsible ones
what if they forget to turn it off while drifting out into roadway

if this product does come out on the market
guess is it won't be around very long before MAJOR problems are noted

ride the motor bike

Colorado passed a bike law recently adopting a 3 feet rule when you pass one in your car. Of course people don't follow it. I want to see tickets but I dunno.

Back