Intake Manifold Mod, Need Advice

lsoult

Local time
7:06 AM
Hello-

Like a lot of people my frame is too small for my carb to fit. After looking around the formums I was inspired to make a copper extension to get my carb away fron the frame. Before I make it solid with JB weld I was hoping to get some opinions on if i'll get good enough fuel flow. The bend in the pipe restricts the diameter a little put I pounded the kink out so its not so bad.

Thanks in advance.

Launce

The bend shouldn't cause a problem. It may actually help low end power a bit.

jb weld probably won't last long die to constant exposure to gas and the vibrations from the engine. a lot of people say that jb weld will not deteriorate from gasoline exposre, but i have seen jb weld disintegrate from being exposed to gas for extended periods of time. again, jb weld is just epoxy and nothing more than that.
if you have copper pipe, your best bet would be to treat it as you would water pipe, and solder it together with flux and silver solder. sweat the joint just like a plumber would.

My frame was to small for the carb to. I used an extra mount extention on the seat tube to lift the engine higher in the frame so the carb would fit

Back